“Friendly staff, average property..........” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Trincity
Barbados
“Friendly staff, average property..........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Friendly and relatively efficient staff at this property. Checked in around 5 pm and it took 15 minutes, and a trip to find the housekeeper, for the staff to find a room. I asked not to be near an elevator. Guess what was across the hall? Also placed above the entrance to the hotel, so shuttle and guests arriving ad departing kept the noise level to a relatively annoying background noise. Rooms are clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 218 - right above the entrance.You can hear the automatic door open and close...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hello Clay W,

Thank you taking the time out to offer us a review on your recent stay at our hotel, your comments are important to us.

We would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced and assure that we will do everything we can, to ensure your next visit is a comfortable one that meets your requirements of accommodation.

Once again we thank you for your contribution as it aids in what we can do to improve the quality of the service we aim to provide.

We hope to make amends in seeing you again soon.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Before arriving I had many question so I called the Holiday Inn Express and spoke to Michael who answered all of my concerns he assured me I had nothing to worry about. My family and spent two weeks at the Holiday Inn Express in Trincity this summer Michael was right it was like being home with my extended family around the holiday time. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home, the rooms were clean the place was quiet and the service was excellent. The staff was genuine in their delivery of quality service and we will see you again next year. Don't remember all of your names but Onika, Shane, Michael, Giselle,Mary, the ladies in the kitchen and the other staff.You guys get an A+. Thank you for the wonderful Customer Service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello Naturalmystic_Lyra,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Trincity, your review is important to us.

We appreciate your compliments on our staff and property. Glad to hear you and your family had a great time and that we could make you feel right at home.

I will be sure to give the mentioned staff your regards and compliments.

Hope to see you and your family again soon!

C.James Operations Manager
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Close to the airport. Courteous shuttle driver took us to the mall where there were dining options The pool was nice except that one side looks out onto the parking lot. Felt very clean and safe. Water was provided at check in. Extra towels were in the room, without me having to make that request.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Waypoint,

Thank you for taking a moment to offer a review on your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your kind comments about our property and are happy to hear that your accommodation was a comfortable one.

We look forward to seeing and having you stay with us again!

Brownsburg, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

What can I say besides I was scared for my life and my dignity when, after taking a shower in the early evening, and in the middle of the room naked, I hear the door click and looked up to see a man staring at me. I screamed, he shut the door. My husband was asleep on the bed, I told him what happened and he called the front desk to give a description of the man.

I thought I was going to be robbed, and the guy was shocked to find someone in the room, I thought it might have been a hotel employee even coming in to case the place. He was not wearing a uniform of any sort though.

A while later, the front desk called back to tell us they had given our room key to another guest by mistake and asked us if we wanted another room.

I just was ready to leave the country at that point and take an early flight back to the States. We checked out, bought some expensive plane tickets, only to get bumped a day, and had to trudge back to the hotel to complete our stay.

To top things off, it was our 2 year wedding anniversary, and another man saw me naked. Talk about complete embarrassment. I expect I could have a legal case here, but Holiday Inn customer service sure acts like its no biggie. In fact, they told me there was nothing they could do. In all my years traveling and staying at hotels, this is the biggest blunder I have ever seen in customer service.

Stay at your own risk, and lock your deadlock.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Sirs,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Holiday Inn Express, Trincitty, we again extend our sincerest apologies for the incidenet that occurred during your stay. We understand that this was a compromising situation to be faced with and management met with you and verbally apologised and even offered you compensation which you accepted as well as extended your stay also as part of the compensation.

We are truly sorry that the billing arrangement between yourself and the third party who made your booking is not being resolved amicably. This matter unfortunately, is beyond our control.

It is our sincerest hope that you will be able to resolve your matter in a favorable manner.

CA James

Travelers are raving about these Trincity hotels

Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is exactly what it is advertising, a nice close airport hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and fairly new. The staff were un-memorable which is actually a good thing in my book, professional but not in your face.

The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express but it was in a quite large open room which was quite nice.

Only complaint is that its pretty pricey, but there aren't a lot of options and this one is nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Worldtrav426,

Thank you for taking the time out to offer a review on your recent stay with us.

We are happy to read it was a comfortable one and that we could meet your needs.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Trincity, we hope to see you again soon!

St. George's, Grenada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in July 2013 and had a good stay. They have a convenient shuttle service to the airport that leaves about every hour (but not after midnight). My check-in was quick, but the service was not friendly. The staff just didn't seem to care either way.

My room was pretty nice, spacious, clean and very comfortable. It is located close to the highway, but my room was pretty quiet and I had a great sleep. Complimentary breakfast was kind of basic, but otherwise was great. The hotel has a small outdoor pool, and a small fitness center. Wireless internet is best on the first floor (close to the business center). I stayed on the second floor, and had very poor wireless signal. The room also had wired internet which worked well most of the time.

The hotel location can be a plus or a minus depending on your reason for staying. This hotel is ideal for stop overs as it is very close to the airport and offers a shuttle service. It is located very close to the Trinicity mall (about 5 minutes drive) and the shuttle can also give you a ride there. However, the hotel does not have a restaurant and is quite the distance from Port of Spain. If you don't have a ride, a walk to the Trincity mall may be about 15-20minutes, something I would not suggest in the nights as the area between the hotel and the mall is quite desolate.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, and would especially recommend it for airport stopovers, or persons with car rental.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Krazy_Doctor,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property.

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the check in and in the matter of the staff, I apologise on their behalf and assure this will be dealt with, since we strive to be the best not only in, but at the service of our customers.

It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the rooms and we are happy to hear it was comfortable for you, offering a good night's rest.

I apologize for the wireless internet issue you experienced during you stay with us, we are currently upgrading this feature.

I wish to thank you for all your valuable comments, they are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Palm Harbor, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was here on personal business for two nights. Shuttle came right on time, so that was a big plus. Check in was quick, front desk very nice. The room was upgraded to a suite (Platinum member) and it was very pleasant. Breakfast was really good, with excellent service from the kitchen. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear FloridaTraveler0,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Trincity during your stay here in Trinidad.

We appreciate your kind comments and thank you for taking the time out to offer a review.

Hope to see you again soon!

Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport? Share your experiences!