“Thumbs up to the staff” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Sydney, Australia
“Thumbs up to the staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The thing I appreciated was the amount of staff weaving around the attractions asking if all was ok. Ooooooooh to have some service like that at Sydney airport! You queue there too but at least at Wet n Wild there's staff milling round so you can ask about to what's going on, like they care! I'm sure they'll iron out the teething issues, like coming for a day visit and people have to go past a row of picnic tables - very kinda backyard setup. Queuing for food min 20 mins, just put more of those lovely staff members behind some registers - problem solved. Paying for a large locker to find there's no lockers left. Technology needs to catch up on that glitch. I'm looking forward to when the novelty wears off a bit and the gazillions of people go somewhere else. Let us bring some food, Jamberoo does! I think Jamberoo prettier, it's wave beach way more lovely to look at and has more affect wave-wise. Looking out at the country and mountains plus its established gardens far more appealing to our family. That being said my 13 yo says WnW has more funner rides :) as a parent I find WnW something you do for your kids - personally I found it a chore, not very pleasant, but I love my kids!

Visited December 2013

• Thai first
Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a great day just swimming around in the wave pool but as for the rides lines lines lines waiting for over an hour on some. No way is it as good fun as the Queensland one, but it is local. Once inside it is very costly and no food can be taken in so feed family well before hand. Not much shade and you need to rent a locker so it can all add up to a costly day.

Sydney
8 attraction reviews
“Good rides but not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'll try to be very very neutral writing this. The good news is, the rides were good. And surprisingly, it wasn't that hard to find staffs on the ground. The bad news is, that's all the good news.

Seriously the rides were good and enjoyable, but the park is wayyyy too crowded. We arrived at 5 PM so we could stay till they close at 11 PM, guess how many rides we managed to get on? 3. The first one took us 1 hour queuing. The 2nd one took us 1.5 hours. We had dinner for an hour which btw, VERY expensive. I'll tell you more later. After dinner, we managed to get on a not so great ride without much queuing, so it was good. But by the time we got to the next one, the guy said they're closed. So $70 for 3 rides, meh, it's not worth it I'd say.

About the rides, there was no direction which line is for which ride. Out of the 3 we tried, only 1 had staff at the bottom of the stairs telling us which line was which. Just FYI, they say they're the biggest wet and wild in the world (or southern hemisphere I can't remember), when I saw the whole park for the first time, I was thinking "How small are the other ones????????????". So don't imagine a massive park. If you look at the list of the rides, seems like they have a lot of rides. But they really only have about 5 or 6, and each of them has 2 or 3 different level of hardship which they name separately.

About the food, as I said, they are expensive. Some people might shout at me saying what do you expect from a theme park?? Well I expect slightly more expensive junk food, but not as expensive as restaurant's. Pizza was $12 from memory, and that's for the size of 15 cm, and was sold out at 8:30 PM. Chicken burger or Double beef burger with chips and drink was $16.99. 3 pieces of chicken strips with chips and drink was $16.99 too. Kids menu (cheeseburger, chips and drink) was $2 cheaper.

Ah the shower. I might be naïve but I was expecting almost proper showers, like with cubicles and doors. But they only have showers like they usually have at the side of the beach. And only 3 in the shower room. Shared too. There's no change rooms too, just toilets.

It wasn't that hard to find staffs on the ground, and they were helpful enough. But I think they really should place some staffs on the stairs to the rides, there were unfortunately none. People might get sick or even just to ask which line is this for. Oh and to deal with those jerks who like to cut in line.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worst waterpark ever!!! Total rip off!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My partner and I paid $140 for us both to enter the park! Yes it was a Sunday and a nice day, but all day we queued up for hours and all together only managed to go on 3 slides!!!!! $140 for 3 slides is a total joke!!!!! Very expensive and not even that good!!!!

hull
9 attraction reviews
“Good rides - terrible management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The good news is the rides are good, the park well set out
The bad news is listed
300mt queue for the security bag check at 9.15, this prolonged because of only 2 security staff on duty for 1000's of visitors
40minute wait to buy a day ticket, when close to the 3 guys issuing tickets behind laptops ( no ticket office) was told by a lady I could buy the wrist band from her with cash only, questioned her why she was at the end of the queue and not the start. She stated this is where she was told to stand
The stairs for the main rides were a double access stairwell, the problem with this was the stairwell served 3 rides, therefore with no direction at the bottom people queued for the wrong rides.
There are no water fountains throughout the site
MOST URGENT. The raft ride had a removed hand rail against the barrier at a top level, the support brackets were still in position with sharp edges at a height just right to to hurt a child, spoke to staff after the ride and was told to tell management, THERE IS NO MANAGEMENT
Regarding the rides which are only weeks old, there was no group of rides with them all working at any one time
TOP tip for management. Save up, go to Florida to see how it's done