“Warm Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Island Harbour
New York City
“Warm Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had a too short stay at Sydan's when I ventured over to Anguilla from St Martin for an overnighter. This is a family run place and I was treated with the warmest hospitality throughout my stay. The studio was comfortable, clean, large and well equipped. The village of Sandy Ground is wonderful. An authentic Anguillan experience all around.

Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Turner Valey, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location of Sydan's and the value is truly hard to beat. It isn't high end or fancy but its clean and very close to the beach along with several restaurants. Sydan's is quaint and there is enough of a breeze that you don't need air conditioning. Ann is amazing! If you truly want to experience Anguilla but have a tight budget then this is the place for you. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Turner Valey, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our first time visiting Sydans and I have to be honest when we first got there and saw the outside of the hotel we weren't sure what to expect. However, it ended up being one of our favorite places to stay. The rooms are very, very clean and big as well. Ann is an absolute sweetheart. If you like being waited on hand and foot then this is NOT the place for you. When you stay here you truly feel like you are at home. Internet service was an issue as it was spotty at best but we figured out the best time to use it and all was well. I was worried that the smell of the salt pond would be prevalent in the room but we never smelled it. Sydans is in an excellent location. Sandy Ground is the place to be especially on Thursdays. There is no pool but the beach is just a few yards away. We will definitely be going back to see Ann again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We recently stayed at a villa property and loved it! We were right on the beach at Sandy Ground, close to the shipping pier. Our view was nice, blocked only by the sea grape trees. The villa was very comfortable and we slept with the doors open every night-- no need to use the AC at all. The kitchen was quite useable and included basic kitchen utensils,etc. The porch was great for lounging and reading. This is a no frills villa, which is just what we like, and a great place for the money. It is in a great location on the island which made driving anywhere easy. Anne was very welcoming and helped us get settled. We would definetly stay here again and look forward to doing so. Thanks, Anne, for your hospitality!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Woburn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love the location of Sydans Guesthouse, it is close to lots of restaurants and bars. The beach is across the street from the property, Ann was a gem she is very easy to talk to very friendly her personality is great for an owner. The place was a good price the loft apartment was big, in Anguilla you really need a car, there’s no public buses like some of the other islands. The beaches are beautiful with very clear water. I would stay with Sydans on my next trip to Anguilla. Thanks Ann for your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dawlish, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I only spent a couple of nights at Sydans but had a lovely stay, Anne couldn't have been nicer or more hospitable.

The hotel has everything you might need and is in a great location only a couple of minutes away from a beautiful beach.

Nice hotel, good facilities, great location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I'm a regular visitor to this little Island, I hardly miss a Moonsplash and love all that the island has to offer. Every time I stay with aunty Ann, I often call the day before and there is always room for me and my friends. The place is just a simple but well look after guest house, so don't expect to pay little money and receive 5 stars service or facilities. Actually having such a huge space with A/C, TV, Fridge, fully equipped kitchen, balcony and feel safe to leave doors open and sit for a drink with fellow holidaymaker, is just priceless... She makes me coffee in the morning if I have none, always have a kind word and care if I need anything that she doesn't have... really, excellent value for money. Getting home a bit drunk and happy from a night at Pumphouse or Elvis, Johnno's and the fun of Sandy ground on the door step. Car alway parked within 5 yard, 15 minutes from all of the 33 beaches, and I can go on untill Tripadvisor will allow me to write... If you want to experience Anguilla the Anguilla way, that's the place to stay... I read some other comments probably written from unhappy people that shouldn't even be allowed to leave their own countries.

One Love.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sydans Apartments and Villas? Share your experiences!