We didn't know what to expect when going here, but we were really surprised!
I won't describe the entire thing, as other reviewers have done that. But hitting the important points...
- REALLY good food, huge portions. We had the crayfish and the chicken. My husband's plate of crayfish alone had 4. The chicken crayfish combo had 2 crayfish and probably 3/4 of a chicken. There was some garlic break and a nice pasta salad. Order quick when you get there though - the food takes a while - at least an hour.
- Cool little island. Fun to go there for the novelty of the whole thing. The owner was super friendly and nice.
Not so good things:
- The beach isn't going to be like you would have on other beaches. Don't go there for the beach. Not much room to lay out or a ton of room in general. And yes, lots of lizzards. But we didn't mind much - we sat at the tables under the covered areas and we were just fine and happy.
- No music when we were there. Bummer.
- Pricey. It was an expensive meal, especially for lunch. But, you really get a lot of food....so I'm not quite sure if I would say it's overpriced, per se. But we were a little surprised, but the food was plentiful and delicious, so it just about averaged out? I believe it was slightly cheaper if you booked it through the hotel (which we didn't realize).
This was overall a cool novelty and really some great (albeit expensive) food.
If you own or manage Scilly Cay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.