“Cridford Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Trusham B&B and Inns
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Cridford Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Cridford Inn this weekend. A very pleasant place to stay with great service, good food and a relaxed nature. A good place to unwind and take it easy. An Inn with low beams, a well stocked bar and good food. More gastro pub than pie and chips. Very hard to fault.

• Stayed November 2012

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ledbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was just what my husband and I were hoping for - perfect country inn. Beautiful place in beautiful location tucked away on the edge of the moor. We received a warm welcome, enjoyed excelllent food (especially Ian's signature dessert), and a good night's (ghost-free) sleep in a comfortable room. We are planning to stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A very warm, welcoming place with excellent food and service. Very good value for money and lots of choice on menus. Staff extremely nice and anything you request doesn't seem a chore to them as in most places now. Overall it was excellent and will Definately be returning

• Stayed June 2012
Okehampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Cridford Inn has four rooms and as I was staying there for my wedding weekend, I got to see three of them where friends were staying as well as my own room. The place is family run and this shows with lots of little attention to detail rather than chain-hotel basics. You get exactly what you need, a decent chair, good mirrors in the bathrooms, comfy beds. The building itself is lovely, leaded windows and trailing roses on the outside.
The proprietors are welcoming, the staff are efficient and friendly and above all seem happy. Happy staff make for good teamwork and as we descended upon them with very little notice they were wonderful. If you are looking for a nice place to sleep that wont cost the earth in a beautiful village with friendly people and great food; this is your place. Convenient for both Exeter and Newton Abbot but also right on the edge of Dartmoor.
The one thing my friends and family kept saying over the weekend was 'what lovely people'. They are right. A wealth of local knowledge, discounts on cab firms, special orders for fussy eaters; nothing was any bother and all sorted with smiles. Their staff do them proud and are very befitting of a country retreat.
We took our baby and the cot was ready when we got there, everything was clean and tidy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
portsmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

stayed here with my husband overnight for a function being held on March 24th.Nice, quirky rooms in keeping with the age of the Inn.Set nicely in rural Devon,peaceful and relaxing. Breakfast ok,nothing special but staff very attentive. Would recommend and return.

Room Tip: All rooms equally nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at the Cridford Inn in early March as part of the Stay and Dine winter offer, great value for money.

It is a very tastefully decorated and charming inn oozing character with great, attentive staff and fabulous locally sourced and expertly cooked food.

Relaxing stay with a wonderful ambience in both the restaurant and bar area, stylish neutral and very clean ensuite rooms.

I was a bit daunted by the location initially (it does appear to be in the middle of nowhere) but it was very easy to find and is only 15-20mins drive away from Exeter city centre, so my initial feelings were totally dispelled and the surrounding village is very quaint, peaceful and picturesque

I would thoroughly recommend the Cridford Inn, and we are already trying to plan our next visit.

(for full review please see: http://www.beautyescapism.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/cridford-inn-and-vanilla-pod-restaurant.html)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

My parents and I stayed at the Inn Just after Christmas for two nights, unfortunately I came down with a nasty case of Tonsillitis which stopped me from enjoying my break to the fullest, However the staff were superb about it, I was able to get fresh honey and lemon to make drinks to help soothe my throat, they brought my food up to my room, (which was delicious by the way) nothing was too much trouble, It was my second time at the Inn, and it will not be my last.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Cridford Inn? Share your experiences!