“great location and value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kashlan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palenque
Hotel Kashlan
You added Hotel Kashlan to your Saves list
Av. 5 de Mayo No. 105105, Palenque, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Palenque
Toronto, Canada
“great location and value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

The hotel is a bit older, but the location is one block away from the main street, and only a few blocks away from the main square. The price and quality of the accommodation is comparable to many other ones available. The rooms are spacious and quiet, the sheets are clean, and the room is clean, but not spotless. This is better than a hostel, but not as nice as a 2star chain hotel.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

Certainly the worst hotel I stayed in during my trip to Mexico...

It started so well, with complementary drinks on arrival. I now realise this was to butter us up, and perhaps prevent us from spotting the obvious deficiencies.

On the way up the stairs, we noticed the banisters were very loose and made a mental note not to put any weight on them in the future. On continuing to the (fairly spacious) room we found a mixture of interesting wiring decisions on all the electrical sockets and lights, ripped mosquito netting on the window, and bedsheets of a decidedly brown, and dirty nature. The fact that the hotel name was stamped across each of the pillows and sheets completed the 'prison' ambiance.

The bathroom was much better, large shower, no toilet paper, sink at a jaunty angle and hole from the shower through into the bedroom.

The real problem only emerged later, when I noticed a trail of ants heading under the bed. On lifting the covers I found something black and sticky that to this day, I have been unable to identify. My best bet was either a dead mouse, or a lump of chicken. Closer examination revealed that there were further sticky marks on the floor, which looked like they might have once had similar lumps on them at some point. So...no bare feet from now on, had to wear shoes to get to the bathroom in the night.

After failing to properly explain that I needed a broom to the receptionist, I was able to remove the offending mess from the floor with a mop - it had the consistency of chewing gum -i've tried not to dwell on it too much though.

On a positive note, the air conditioner was the best i've ever seen, and chilled the room very quickly - especially when combined with the overhead fan.

I can't see myself coming back, though.

• Liked — Air conditioner
  • Disliked — Level of cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thunder Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

The Hotel Kashlan was one of the worst hotels that I stayed in while in Central America. While the rooms were cleanish, the sheets were fairly gross (used a sleep sheet), and the pipes in the room leaked. Luckily we did have constant companionship thanks to the (several) geckos that bunked with us. The woman at the front desk was fairly rude and impatient - don't try to use the internet, or you will be yelled at! And words of warning - those of us that ate in the hotel diner ended up vomitting shortly afterwards!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2004

I stay in this small but comfortable hotel in Palenque CHiapas, i recomend it for all those budget travelers, Good price, clean and their personal is very helpful, I had some problems lost my money and passport, and they help me with the police, take me to villahermosa a town 2 hours from there to pick up my passport and travelers check.

Been to Hotel Kashlan? Share your experiences!