1) I was over-charged by 50% of what I contracted to pay through booking.com - It has been almost a week and this violation of my booking agreement has yet to be credited bank into my bank account. At this point my bank in the US will have to turn it over to their fraud investigation department.
2) I was made to sit in the lobby and wait for two hours before they would issue me a room while tour buses rolled in and out and were given accommodations on the spot
3) The maid service paid no attention to personal privacy coming in on my while I was in the bathroom!
4) I realize I am a foreigner in Mexico, but if a hotel is going to advertise itself on an American booking site, then it should provide at least one check-in clerk who can communicate with you. English was something anyone in the hotel could ever seem to speak when it was convenient for them to do so
5) I twisted my ankle, badly, on a step and had to wait a half hour while permission was given to give me a bag of ice for the swelling - I stood in the lobby on one leg while they took their time going through some chain of command to give out ice
6) The area of Villahermosa this hotel is in is Horrible! I do not care what you read in the description, there in NO view of any river, just projects. I was told it was not safe to leave the hotel after 10PM by the staff - All night long I was kept awake by club music shaking my windows and promptly every morning it was replaced with the sounds of construction crews.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Olmeca Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olmeca Plaza Hotel Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico