“Not so good in Villahermosa” 2 of 5 stars

Camino Real Villahermosa
Save Saved
You added Camino Real Villahermosa to your Saves list
Camino Real Villahermosa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prolongacion Paseo Tabasco 1407 | Tabasco 2000, Villahermosa 86030, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Villahermosa
Los Angeles, California
“Not so good in Villahermosa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at Camino Real Villahermosa for one night, I got eaten alive by Mosquitos in the lobby. The room was decent, but definitely showing signs of wear. When I woke up, I noticed the sheets had some pretty disgusting stains, please see my photo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is not a hotel with a "Mexican" flavor but is very modern with direct access to a large shopping mall. It might not be my choice for a vacation, but I was there on business; it was very close to the office. That means I also had a very nice corporate discount.

Unfortunately, I arrived in town with flu which lasted 3 + days; the employees were very helpful in calling a doctor and having my medicines delivered to me. Therefore, I can't say much about the amenities, such as the swimming pool which looked great from the 8th floor. At least if you're going to be sick, it's nice to be in a super clean environment with room service.

Room Tip: Even though my room was near the elevator on the 8th floor, it was very quiet and the view was good...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saltillo, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has bad maintenaince and then is dirty the peopple Who clean the Rooms make bad because they don,t clean the floor like must be and then they want ti make extra charges at the restaurant even IF You Pay or your plan includes meal

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Veracruz, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

It is a big hotel and rooms are clean and confortable. A slightly smell of humidity might be prevail over the entire environment. People are kind and always able to help you.
There is no english news channel on TV.

• Stayed November 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I come here for business and I have been coming about once or twice a year. Clearly they are improving. I arrive late at night and they always have a decent meal available and the service is friendly. I had a business breakfast for 6 people and the breakfast is very good. The staff knew when to be helpful and when NOT to interrupt. Could not have been better for my meeting. The mattresses are new, at least in my room and my associate's rooms. One of the elevators is being refurbished. The only issue I had was that my secretary had difficulty reserving a room on their website so she when to a travel site and when we got to the hotel even with a print out of the reservation, it took them 20 min to check us in. But everyone was very pleasant.

Room Tip: I have always had rooms overlooking the pool and mall, and these are quite rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I travel to Villahermosa at least twice a month and I decided to give this hotel another chance after my room last time had some issues. Well this time around it was even more obvious that this hotel has had better days. Back in the 90s it used to be a really good hotel and they probably havent done much maintenance since. Every room I have stayed here has some issues. The latest 2 rooms the air conditioner doesnt really work and the TV when off has an incredible annoying humming noise that you cant tolerate or sleep with! I had to sleep with the TV on and covered it with a towel just so I could sleep and avoid that screeching noise. When I called maintenance for the second night in a row, it took them forever to send someone up while I hid in the bathroom with the water running to avoid the TV noise! The maintenance guy showed up after SEVERAL calls and he said they know some of the TVs make that noise. So why wont they change them or not put guests in those rooms!!! They are fully aware of all of the maintenance problems but they are hoping people dont complain. They offered to move to another room, you would have thought I would get an amazing room to make up for it, well the new room has a bunch of other issues!!! The manager was super rude and scolded the maintenance guy in front of me. Food is not that good. There are a bunch of other hotels in the area that are a better deal than this one! This is not a 5 star hotel at all, I feel like Im staying at a cheap motel!! Save your money and time and go elsewhere. I'm usually not a picky person but this is ridiculous!!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the 7th floor have problems with their air conditioners and TVs. I have stayed...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chestnut Hill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Expensive, old and bad service in a convenient location. Rooms are old, smelly and poorly maintained.
Staff is unfriendly and clearly not customer focused. 3-star hotel at the most. Don't stay here!!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Camino Real Villahermosa? Share your experiences!