“Comfortable stay in excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Viva Villahermosa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Viva Villahermosa to your Saves list
Hotel Viva Villahermosa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Ruiz Cortines y Paseo Tabasco | Col. Linda Vista, Villahermosa 86050, Mexico   |
Ranked #24 of 31 hotels in Villahermosa
London, England, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay in excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my family (2 adults 1x6 yrs and 1x13 yrs) and even tough it's just a 3 star hotel it has all what a 4 star could have. Our room was facing the car park on the main road but it wasn't noisy and was able to have a nice sleep. The swimming pool is good size and most of the time it was just my family in there (like having our own private pool) it seems that there are lots of office people staying there. We used it as a departing point to visit Agua Azul waterfalls, Pelenque, Chiapas and Veracruz. We paid for a tourist guide to take us every where and it was worthy. The hotel is located close to La Venta, a couple of restaurants and the shops. We had our meals most of the times when we were out but in the evenings we has a snack in the hotel. Their sandwiches are very good and their hot chocolate is delicious! Milkshakes were lovely. You must try it. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was good and was cheaper that eating out. The only down side: not all the rooms have a safe like our and they don't provide this facility at reception so we ended carrying all our valuables with us at all time. Apart from this I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Merida, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok. We got it. Water is not drinkable in Mexico. We got a half liter in the room in two small bottles. After severe rationing to brush teeth the water was gone. Called reception. No more water for you. Need water. The water you have is only a courtesy not a right. I added the last part to give you a flavor of the distinct tone. Went down and begged for water. None in the hotel .. Go across the very busy 4 lane in front of the hotel and walk a couple of blocks at 11 at night to the oxxo and they might sell you some. Took cab to oxxo. Oh yes, room was fine. Don't forget your water. Ps toilet paper too. I think that too is a courtesy.

Room Tip: Try the holiday inn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We came into Villahermosa later in the evening and we were tired. We were looking for secure parking as our car was packed full of luggage, two bikes on the back and luggage on top. I needs it to be safe. They put us in the front spot within view of the front desk. They gave us a great rate. I was surprised at the dated rooms, but wrote it up to the good rate. The front sitting room I the lobby was family style and comfortable. The halls were tile so it was loud as well as the rooms. There was a lot of noise other halls. The buffet in the morning was not so great. The staff was very nice and they tried hard to make up for the lack of quality. I don't believe I would stay there again, but in a pinch, it was adequate.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators. Its noisy in the hallways
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Nothing particularly wrong with Hotel Viva but nothing that makes it stand out either. Location may be the most redeeming feature for those with business to do in the nearby office complexes. Rooms are very average and cleanliness was just Ok -no one likes a roach crawling on them while sitting in the lobby. Staff was fine though not overly comfortable in any language but Spanish -not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you are looking for an average business hotel and nothing more, you should be content here.

• Stayed August 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel. Villahermosa is not a tourism-focused city and it shows in this hotel. It is outdated, the rooms need refurbishing, airconditioning not working and so on. Service is not customer-oriented, staff makes you feel like you disturb them.

If we are ever to return to Villahermosa I would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
north america
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is dated, room is old, the bed unconfortable, they put a duvet on it but the mattrs is not soft enough. coffe maker in room, 2 bottle waters free of charge. the hotel was full children and moms and dads everywhere.

the buffet breakfast is not good, the service in restaurante gentle and fast but not tasty food.

nice location i walked to cathedral and downtown, shooping mall galerias tabasco nearby 15 min walking

they offer free shuttle from the hotel to the airpor at fixed times. u have to pick a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I came to stay at the Hotel Viva in Villahermosa with my boyfriend, as he was sent there for work. The location is perfect: walking distance from La Venta park, restaurants and cafes everywhere, a very safe spot. The only thing is: the service was awful. In reception, they talked to me in a very rude way, thinking I wouldn't understand because I'm a foreigner (I've been living in Mexico for over a year, now). Then the room service was terrible: one hour wait for a glass of water, very rude people (except for the charming cleaning ladies), security guards staring at me like I was a piece of meat... I didn't feel safe at all, especially after they offered my boyfriend a prostitute to spend the night with!!! I then noticed that there were prostitutes everywhere in the hotel and if you have a family, it's really not the place you would like to stay in.
Moreover, they charged me 100 USD that I shouldn't have paid and it took them 2 months to reimburse me only half of it! There are lots of other nice hotels in Villahermosa, so whatever you do, DO NOT stay in that hotel

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Viva Villahermosa? Share your experiences!