“Great place to relax after roughing it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Venta Inn Hotel

Save Saved
You added La Venta Inn Hotel to your Saves list
La Venta Inn Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Aldolfo Ruiz Cortines 1110, Col. Oropeza, Villahermosa, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 31 hotels in Villahermosa
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
“Great place to relax after roughing it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this place after two weeks of being "in the field" and getting some kind of food poisoning, thus requiring me to find a doctor in Villa. The place was a real treat. As for the medical issue, there was a doctor who made a house call very promptly and charged me $500 mxn. That is more than you will pay if you go to the doctor but I was not in shape to leave the room. The rooms are big and clean. They are nicely appointed with a desk, a lounge chair and in my case a king size bed. The bathroom was also reasonably attractive and very clean. The room came with a breakfast buffet which was quite a lot of food - eggs, beans, platanos, tamales, yogurt (including plain but it is still sweet like most plain yogurt in Mexico), fruit, cereals, fresh juices and coffee and tea. The only inconveniences are that the hotel restaurant does not serve lunch and dinner and the "room service" options are Pizza Hut, Dominos and Applebee's (I don't even eat at these places in the states). Also, I came back from working one day to find that the room still had not been cleaned at 4pm. This was only a little annoying but I did expect to be able to put my feet up and relax right away. The internet connection is strong. There is a hairdryer and iron in the room but no coffee maker. I would say it is a bit overpriced but all the hotels in Villa seem pretty expensive.

Room Tip: This hotel is on the main highway coming into Villa so a room on the top floors (4 or 5) is much bet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Simply booked thru booking and paid an amazing equivalent of 77 USD inclusive of breakfast and all taxes.

We like:
EVERYTHINH you may need is here. Very large, modern and clean room. SUPA soft bed for an immediate and deep sleep. Enough furniture. Enough lighting. Nice shower with enough amenities. A complete desperate-housewife dressing room including iron and ironing table. A large 15' laptop fit safe. A decent breakfast scene. Free wifi for as many laps. Polite and efficient staff. Free parking. AND A HUGE 50'OVER FLATCREEN TV in front of the bed.

We did not like:
The same huge 50'over flatcreen TV our 2 neighbours also have on either side of our room... Once settled, you'll hear coming and going people walking on marble floor from the corridor, you'll also hear happy people chatting and wishing good night to each other while walking, you'll hear wheeping and shouting desperate actors from a Mexican (or whatever) drama on one side of the room, and the late night news from the other side, flushing toilets and rainshower of course. Our poor left neighbour caught cold and coughed all night. It was like he was sleeping right beside us.

All in all:
This excellent business hotel has it all, and the youth hostel atmosphere will bring good memories to some of us ! This did not prevent us from browsing the net while listening to the news from the next room, then sleep like pigs til morning come.

Tips :
This hotel is situated EXACTLY in front of La Venta parc, across the alarming never-ever ending trafic 8 lane carretera Ruiz Cortinez. Gracias a dios, there are 2 peatones crossing above it. If you come from the airport with your own car, then it is on the right, as you enter the city. Simply. Also 3 leading restaurants 500 m away, call them McDa, PizHut and AppleBees.

Room Tip: Rooms without neighbours are best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The installations are newer and before today there were no complaints. I'm not sure if they have changed manager and new personnel. Please, beware your safety and privacy can be seriously compromised if you stay at La Venta inn, Villahermosa Tabasco, Mexico. Yes, in Mexico where violence is a major concern and you want to believe that you have taken all possible traveling safety measures; this hotel can do you not favor. They can enter your room even if your "not enter " or "privacy" sing is on, the excuse will be cleaning service even if you have asked not daily cleaning service or else. They will not call you and let you know their intentions.... they will enter your room when you are not there and at any time for unknown reasons..... accessing your room at 7:45 pm - 8:00 pm evening for a cleaning service you never asked. This Hotel has not regard for your privacy or security and they will never acknowledge that their business practice can put their guess’s safety and privacy at risk. This happened to us there on Sep 16/2012. We ( my husband & I ) left the room around 7:45 pm on a Sunday night to go to eat ( to buy something to eat, should I say ) We came back no later than 20 minutes pass 8: 00 pm. To our surprise they have entered our room even though the "privacy” sign was placed. I called the receptionist and she said that yes, they have accessed the room for cleaning service. I told her we asked not to do the room I asked why cleaning has to be done at night. She said they can do so. I asked why they didn't call while we were in the room. Why they waited for us to leave? I asked for the manager and she said he will be the next day only, not apologies and not regards for our concerns. ID theft, kidnapping all kind of bad things went through my mind so I went directly to the reception desk, to have the name of the person that entered our room, their explanation and supervisor's name. Wired enough, he manager was there with no explanation whatsoever for such a business practice and gross invasion of privacy. We are still wondering what was all this about? If anything happens to us while we are here, or there, any ID theft, please make no mistake it is related to this weird incident at La Venta inn, manager and its employees.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Venta Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!