“Good meat!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Good meat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had lunch here when we passed Villahermosa on our way through Mexico. Based on good feedbacks we decided to eat here.

It was quite some trip by taxi from our Hotel and it is located at a main road. It was already a little after lunch and the place quite empty...except a big family celebrating a birthday. There was even live music.

We felt like some meat. So I ordered the beef steak (came on a skewer) and my wife had beef shank (was called "Chirmal de Res") in sauce.
My meat was very well done. Medium, as ordered and tender. The real surprise was the beef shank. It was long-cooked, so the meat fell almost off the bone. And then there was the sauce. Wasn't Mole...wasn't curry. But an interesting mix of both somehow. Hard to explain...but very well worth to try!
If you like Buffet's there's also a self-service buffet available at lunch with lots of options. Most guests we've seen today went for that.

We were very happy with our lunch and would recommend this place...especially if you wanna get some good meat in town.
Wanna know more about my trips? Check my profile (where you'll also find my website with more infos about my travels).

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Long Island, NY
“Excellent steaks and local menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Los Jinetes has been offering excellent food for many years and this new branch is no exception. For a party of four or five I would suggest to share a "parrillada", a mixture of different kind of meats that come in an "anafre", a charcoal brazier. The parrillada includes pork, beef, pork sausage, beef skewer, etc. and it comes with a small bowl of bean soup that was also very good.
While waiting for your food they will bring some chips and salsa. Be careful, it has some habanero pepper and it's very spicy!
I would also recommend a local drink called "matali", it's like a hot-pink lemonade with a twist. It's suppose to be very healthy.
The place is very bright and clean and with air conditioner (a must in Villahermosa).
I really recommend this place for excellent local food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere