“The best beef in Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Villahermosa
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Mexico
“The best beef in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The restaurant "El Gannadero" was recommended to me by a friend, who would travel to Villahermosa just to eat there. I tried it, and it is remarcable.
My favorite is called cowboy steak, but I tried other cuts, and it was always outstanding. Try "aranas" to go with it.
Sevice is friendly and internet is free, which is useful if you are on your way through, as I qm usually.
I allways go to tha original cite next to "fuente de los ninos traviesos" but friends qsure me thatt the fair is equally good at a second site in a more upscale shopping aerea.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lucerne, Switzerland
“Ok food - great Flan!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had dinner here during our trip through Mexico. I felt like some meat, so we chose this place (the feedback online was alright too).

It's located near some Hotels at a main road. So it's best to take a taxi here, which is what we did.
It is pretty cold inside, so bring some jacket. The restaurant does lack some atmosphere, like the air...it just feels a bit cold.
The service was pretty standard, but ok. We ordered the Tortilla Soup and Arrachera (beef skirt steak). The soup was alright, but not the best we had. The meat was pretty good, nicely grilled and tender.
For dessert we had a piece of Pay de Queso (kind of a mexican Cheesecake), which was very average. But the other dessert we had, the Flan, was great. Best Flan we had in all Mexico! Rich, heavy and fresh. A great end to an otherwise pretty average dinner.

Would we come again? Not sure...there's other food options around. But for once it was ok. Wanna know more about my trips? Check my profile (where you'll also find my website with more infos about my travels).

• Visited July 2012