“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill

You added Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Railway Street, Rooty Hill, Blacktown, New South Wales 2766, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rooty Hill
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Pillows are very hard and the aircon wasnt working properly on a 35 degree day, but they did get us a fan.

• Stayed November 2010
MMaybury, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
Thank you for your post. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the issue you experienced with the air-conditioning; as part of our recent hotel upgrade we have installed a more energy efficient and environmentally friendly system and as such experienced some minor technical issues which have now been rectified.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill.

Mark Maybury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

The room was really nice. Downside was the light over the bar would not turn off so we had to remove the bulb. Only 1 lift - very busy night so had to wait a long time to get upstairs and downstairs. All in all though..... really nice and comfortable. Will return

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
MMaybury, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for your post. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

As we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service; it is only through such feedback that we can truely understand our business from our guest's perspective.

You would be pleased to know that we have now completed our room refurbisment and as such have all our lift services back fully functioning.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill.

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

The hotel has just undergone a $1M upgrade and it shows. We were part of a tour group and were allocated an Executive Spa room. The room was very large, with the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on (king-size), a walk up spa, couch with chaise end, workstation, tea and coffee making facilities and a very modern bathroom with seperate shower. Rooms were very quite with no outside noise being heard. We have stayed in many places over the years, but this one really had the WOW factor and we cannot fault anything. The buffet breakfast was also excellent. Staff are very helpful and only too happy to assist with any enquiries. The hotel is a short drive (15-20min) from the Sydney CBD, however all the positives outweigh that negative. We were part of a tour group and other members were also very impressed with their allocated accommodation (not all had Executive rooms). We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010
MMaybury, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill and for taking the time to comment, it is much appreciated.
It is pleasing to hear of your positive experience at Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill and I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I visited the Novotel when they were renovating. I should have been advised before I arrived about the renovations. No room service available, long waits for lifts, entry through the pokies venue, had to carry suitcases up stairs, slow service, dirty room, very loud....all in all, I'm not sure why I chose this hotel but I will never be returning. Please hire staff with customer service skills Novotel. I strongly recommend that you avoid this hotel, particularly until after the renovations are completed. Who knows when that will be.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for outlining your dissatisfaction with the service provided by Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during the current hotel upgrade works. We appreciate the possible impact these works may have on the overall hotel experience; however this does not excuse the lack of customer service shown towards you.
Once again, my sincere apologies on behalf of the Hotel for the problems you experienced, and assurance that this is not an example of the service, nor character of the Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill.
Asia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Chaotic Unfinished Renovations...
1/ At the time of reserving and staying in the property both the Novotel and Accor websites said that the renovations would be finished by mid 2010. The renovations were far from finished and cause considerable inconvenience and disruption to any guests considering staying in this hotel, although I note that they have subsequently updated/extended the expected renovation dates on both websites to December 2010.

2/ It is extremely difficult to figure out how to enter and exit the secure hotel parking in this complex currently due to the chaos of the large-scale internal and external renovations, and secure parking is important because this hotel is located in a rough and high-crime part of Western Sydney.
3/ The secure hotel parking (once actually sucessfully entered) is quite a walk from the temporary reception desk that they have set up, which is actually located inside the RSL club and not inside the hotel itself.
4/ Entrance to the hotel floors./rooms is through a side service elevator, which is quite a walk from the reception desk and involves going up several flights of stairs to actually reach this elevator, and the elevator itself is pretty rough with huge gouges and scratches all over the elevator door.

Reservation Mix Up...
1/ I had become a new member of their loyalty program and had made a reservation directly through the Accor website (Novotel Hotels are owned by Accor) and the Accor (Novotel) website had sent me a reservation confirmation email with a reservation confirmation number, and had told me that my credit card had been charged. However, then when I arrived at the hotel on the day of my reservation and quoted the reservation number, the lady at the check in desk (Evi) said that my reservation did not exist. There was a spare computer with internet access sitting right next to her, but instead she made me open up my luggage, take my laptop out, log into my hotmail using my own mobile internet connection, and then show her the confirmation email from Accor. Then with no apology whatsoever, she proceeded to "make the reservation" for me again. She was not rude, but she was in no way helpful. I was never rude either, because I assumed that she would at least offer me a complimentary upgrade if I did not make a fuss. Plus, I could see that the mistakes, although hopeless were clearly not her fault. Total check in time, (including me rewaiting while she served other customers who came along, and her presenting me with the wrong customers reservation documents to sign) was 20 minutes.
After all that, and with no upgrade offdered, I take the long walk up the 2 flights of stairs with my luggage towards the service elevator (she never offered me any directions on how to find the service elevator either), and then as I enter the elevator, I am treated to the pleasure of 2 nice elderly British ladies tell me how much they love the inconvenience of the renovations because the hotel had automatically upgraded them both to an executive spa room. Ah, the pleasure of that great Novotel service that I received...

Poor BathRoom Amenities...
The amenities provided in the bathroom were completely lacking for a hotel of this price and class. There were 2 bars of soap and 2 bottles of pre-mixed shampoo/conditioner. No disposable razor was provided, no cotton buds, no toothbrush kit. I was horrified how cheap and lacking the bathroon amenities were.

No Room Service...
I called at 10:30pm to order something off the room service overnight menu (stated as available from 10:00pm - 6:00am) and was told that there is currently on room service due to the renovations. However, (1)the room service menu was made available in my room, (2) they never mentioned anything during check in, and (3) they never even bothered to recommend any alternative like something in the RSL, or a nearby Pizza shop. That was hands down the worst experience that I have ever had with room service.

Poor and Incorrect Service...
Aside from the above poor check in procedure, and the lack of room service, I asked a hotel staff mmber about the availability of secure parking, and was told "there is none". Great experience, when even the hotel staff give you incorrect information.

Bed Linen Was Not Cleaned after the previous guest
The linen in my bed had NOT been changed after the check out of the previous guest.

Honestly, I could NOT recommend this hotel in any way, especially during the current unfinished renovations.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill. I am disappointed that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Whilst the hotel undertakes the finalisation of its refurbishment programme, we appreciate that some guests are inconvenienced by this situation; however this does not excuse the lack of customer service or delivery of a quality hotel experience.
Mark Maybury

Been to Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill? Share your experiences!