“My first visit, but definitely not my last!” 5 of 5 stars

Hintlesham Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hintlesham Hall, Hintlesham, Ipswich IP8 3NS, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hintlesham
Norwich, United Kingdom
“My first visit, but definitely not my last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Visited end of July- first day of August for a mid week break and to visit Constable Country. I am happy to confirm the positive comments about the staff, the accommodation and the food. I stayed in the Regatta Room which was spacious, and which enjoyed a pleasant view across the gardens. Huge bed, comfortable linen, and walk in ward-robe etc. Just a minor point, but the bath-room door would not close, and the bath had been strangely fitted so that to lie back and relax put you in danger of a head collision with the taps. There was also a wonderful gushing shower unit which was a less challenging alternative. Breakfast was excellent, good choice and prepared as requested. Definitely a place to visit and enjoy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We managed to get a two night break at the hotel through Secret Escapes. Let me first review the staff. In one word perfection. Every member we came into contact with, showed the perfect amount of attention and all were polite, helpful and professional. After 30 years in management I would be proud to have any one of them on my team.
The hotel is extremely well run, the room ( the heart of oak ) surpassed our expectations large, well appointed and full of character. The only downside (and this is not a moan) but the tv was playing up a little and changing channels was difficult.
the meal we had in the restaurant was superb
The discount we got through secret escapes made us feel a little guilty as the stay was worth the full price.
Overall a brilliant experience and we thank you.

Room Tip: the heart of oak is well worth the stay
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Back in the early 90's I use to frequently stay at the Hintlesham as the service and standard of the rooms back then was exceptional. 20 years later I'm pleased to report that the standards have been maintained and my wife and I had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

We stayed in "Ravilious" which was very comfortable, spacious and quirky (in a good way) room which I would recommend. In fact all the rooms I've ever stayed at the Hintlesham have always been decorated to a high standard and high comfort level.

We arrived quite late in the evening and wasn't really in the mood for a formal dinner but the Bar Menu had a good selection of dishes and was priced reasonably and actually was pretty good value, so I would recommend this if you are not in the mood for a 3-4 course dinner,

Breakfast was excellent, with a good selection of cereals, breads, croissants, juices, etc, and of course the full English breakfast.

The only negative comment I have is that the wi-fi is a bit dodgy. In our room (top floor) and in the breakfast room the signal was weak and kept dropping out. But would this put me off staying again? Absolutely not - I highly recommend the Hintelsham and hope that it's not another 20 years before I can stay again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Siayed 2 nights here, cannot say more then what as already been said.

We stayed in the Queen Anne Suite with a huge comfy bed, which had lovley bed linen. The bathroom had a bath and shower and nice fluffy towels.
Food was amazing, both dinner and breakfast, very well presented and tasted divine!
Staff friendly and very professional. If staying here you must have a walk around the grounds which have been well kept and boasts a wonderful Herb garden.
We are already looking to go back.

Room Tip: Queen Anne Suite amazing!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had the most enjoyable & relaxing stay @ HH this weekend. Nothing to fault at all. Absolutely first class. The accomodation, food, grounds all superb add the most efficient & pleasant staff and you have the right mix for a most wonderful experience. Thank you to all.

Room Tip: Stayed in a superior room away fromn the main house. Very quiet. Car parking set discreetley away...
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight whilst visiting Suffolk, we stayed in 'Celia B' and although the room had a cigarette burn on the net curtain (naughty someone) and the wall paper was showing signs of fatigue, the room is still delightful and very clean. Television in the rooms has numerous channels and good quality picture.

We went out on the Saturday evening but when we returned we found our curtains drawn, bed turned-down, cups cleaned and fresh towels in the bathroom. Excellent touch Hintlesham Hall! Truly appreciated as well…

There are signs all over the hotel that some renovation has taken place (main dining room), and signs that more may ensue? The hotel is quite easy to find just through Hintlesham village!

The staff are indeed superb, both reception, bar and cleaning staff — I have to say that they made our stay very enjoyable. Bianca helped my wife and I on several occasions.

I simply cannot praise the staff enough for the welcome and attention to guests they give.

The breakfast was superb, a full English and anything you desire really — lovely local sausages.

Yes, would stay again. Wonderful place.

Room Tip: TIP: If approaching the main gate turning from Ipswich end - be aware of on-coming traffic as you tu...
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at HH,taking advantage of a good value package.The place is stunning ,however being upgraded.Our room (Gloria) was spacious ,well appointed,but dark.The beds and bathroom first class.The real feature is the food coupled with amazing service! Gone are the stuffy old waiters looking down their noses-in place dedicated young friendly people wanting to give pleasure.We have stayed in top places throughout the world and not met such first class restaurant staff.We should not forget the food which was superb.
Place could do with a gym and a pool.The Grounds were wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for one with plenty of light.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hintlesham Hall? Share your experiences!