Joined a group of jazz lovers for 3 nights of great music and food.
The hotel situated 4 miles north of Shrewsbury in a former manor house in nice grounds.
Large enough to accomodate a wedding besides the Jazzers without disturbance to either party. We were offered room 30 on the first floor which links the old house to the newer accomodation and function area. A huge room with 3 piece suite and table in addition to the usual furniture,and wardrobe area plus bathroom , bath and shower. Very comfortable room and handy for the function rooms but a traipse to the Dining room in the original part of the building for breakfasts. 2 adjoining rooms with panelled walls self service constantly replenished. Quite a hectic scene when the hotel is full but comfortable seating and pleasant when avoiding the busy periods.
The staff tho'out the hotel were always helpful and friendly. Nice lounges and bar areas and lawned gardens for relaxation.
We would certainly consider the a most suitable venue for the future visits
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 year old Shropshire House, a 4 star hotel with 87 en suite rooms, overlooks an ornamental lake in 15 acres of gardens in the heart of Shropshire just 2 miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury. 30 min from the M6, J10A. Ideal for visiting Chester, Shrewsbury Abbey and the Severn Valley steam railway. Indoor pool, gym, squash courts, sauna, steam room, solarium and beauty treatments. 24 hr room service. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Albrighton Hall Hotel
- Accor Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury