“Wonderful hotel spa needs a little attention” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

You added Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ellesmere Road, Albrighton, Shrewsbury SY4 3AG, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel spa needs a little attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went to this hotel on a spa break with my daughter in August. The hotel staff, grounds, welcome, food, cleanliness and room were without fault. It was quite a different story in the spa. We had gone on a spa package which included a half hour treatment, on entry to the spa we asked for the use of a robe and slippers and were very reluctantly given them by a receptionist who looked like she had been sucking lemons. The tea and coffee making facilities were abysmal, no tea bags and Luke warm water, which meant we had to buy coffees in the hotel lounge, dressed in our swimming suits and robes! Then the back massage, this was good but only lasted 15 minutes, felt decidedly shortchanged. We were then told to have a drink of water and there were no clean glasses and just a drop of water in a decanter. The staff were bordering on rude. How different an experience to the lovely hotel staff, it must be a totally different manager, that's all I could think. I think it's a shame because I would recommend the hotel. It the spa experience would put me off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your constructive feedback.

First and foremost, please allow me to offer my full apologies that the staff in the spa area came across as "bordering rude", this is not our normal standard.

I will of course be speaking with the Leisure Club Manager, in order to implement new procedures and re training in customer service in order to prevent this from happening again,

I would personally like to thank you for your lovely comments on the staff and facilites of the hotel.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel and help restore your faith in our spa area.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I can only review the afternoon tea for two here, as I won one as a treat from my Energy supplier! My husband and I went on the hottest July day of the year and were seated by the open windows in the Oak Room. We were alone in the room the whole time, but this was fine and we enjoyed the view from the windows, although it was still very warm with the sun coming into the room. We enjoyed selecting our tea from numerous different types - I had Rooibos with orange and cinnamon while my husband chose to blend Earl Grey and English breakfast, known in some circles as 'trash'. We were shown the fancy infuser teapots and how to use them, and the egg-timers for use while the tea brewed. Then the stand arrived with our choices of sandwich - crayfish and prawn for one, and red pepper and aubergine with goat's cheese on the other. Both were delicious and very fresh. Then there were two enormous scones, straight from the oven, so still warm - probably the best scones I've ever had in a restaurant. The only problem here was that, despite us having turned the stand away from the sun, the cream was starting to run away, and the hot scones only made it worse! Still, it couldn't be helped and they were still gorgeous, with Tiptree jam as well. Then there were two cakes each, almond bakewell and a lovely moist carrot cake with icing. I had to leave my bakewell as I was so full, but we both agreed it had been a delightful experience. I have had to rate 'value' as 5, since we did not pay for this experience, and I'm not sure how much it would have cost, but it was very high quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your review for you recent Afternoon Tea.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the drawing room to relax and combine your tea, sandwiches and cakes.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in the very near future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night belated birthday treat for my husband and a late anniversary present,on arriving at reception we were told that our room wouldn't be ready until 15.00hrs so we had some lunch in the bar.My husband is disabled so we relied on the lift to our floor,waited for 10 minutes when the lift finally arrived we found that the housekeeping staff were using it too transfer the linen,our bedroom was below ground level so very dark,no internet connection,and on inspection of the bathroom I found that the bath wasn't particularly clean the shower screen also needed a good clean,mentioned this at the reception desk and problem was resolved.Food at the restaurant was really good couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: If possible check the room out before checking in.
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your constructive feedback to Tripadvisor.

I would like to reassure you that I will look in to the issues raised and implement new procedures in order to prevent them from happening again.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were originally booked in for 2 nights and a spa break but had to cancel the spa break. We ended up staying the one night in the end. What a lovely hotel. We had a lovely time. All the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a table booked in the restaurant and our meal was outstanding. We couldnt fault it one bit. Would definitely consider booking at this hotel again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a room in the stable block and were a little worried as it was right next to the road but it didn't disturb us at all, even with the windows open all night - it was one of the hottest days of the summer. A wedding was also in full swing in a nearby function room but again not noisy and did not disturb us. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent . Everything home made and delicious.

Will certainly stay again if visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Booked a mid week spa break, could not fault any of it, staff were brilliant, rooms lovely, clean , food excellent , we had a great stay , the spa was great I couldn't find fault it I had too , can't wait to go again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.

Kind regards,
Front Office Manager

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!