“LOVELY ANNIVERSARY TREAT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

You added Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ellesmere Road, Albrighton, Shrewsbury SY4 3AG, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Leyland, United Kingdom
“LOVELY ANNIVERSARY TREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found the package deal on a google search under spa deals booked and recived conformaion
straight away , arrived being a spa virgins we was given a large beautifull room with all facilitiys
the spa treatments where brill with use of heath facilitys , had a three course meal that evening
included in the price which was excerlent good wine list frendly and attentive staff a lovley stay
in a idilic stop for £150 for two bargin would love to stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Gobsmacked by the grandeur of the Albrighton. Beautiful grounds. Well cared for historic building. Even more impressed with our room, which turned out to be more like a suite. Huge bathroom. Everything immaculate. Fantastic value. Only blemish on our stay was an EXTREMELY loud wedding reception and rock band that played well into the early morning. Staff tried to remedy the situation but were unsuccessful. Result was a short night's rest for us before our morning flight back to Canada. Ironically, we were on our honeymoon!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points you raised personally, and in the meantime, I would like to wish you both all the very best.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. All the members of staff we met were friendly,helpful and courteous. We had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant. We had breakfast in our room on both mornings. It was on time, hot and very good! The room was very clean. Normally I don't sleep well in a hotel bed but we both slept soundly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
The team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was a gift for our wedding . Our room was excellent tho a room that size could have had a larger bed . It was very warm and althought a fan was supplied there where no plug sockets near the bed . The fire alarm in the middle of the night tho inconveiniant and could not be helped
No recompence was offered which would have been a nice gesture .

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your feedback to Tripadvisor.
Our guest’s safety is paramount to me and the team at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, so when unexpected things happen like a fire evacuation, we fully respond to the Health and Safety Procedures that we have in place.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having seen the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa advertised in Look magazine I decided to take a friend away for a weekend for a relaxing spa break for her birthday - it was the best decision I have ever made! The hotel is beautiful, the grounds gorgeous, spa treatments out of this world, food was completely top notch but what made the weekend so great was the staff! All of the staff were completely dedicated to making sure we were relaxed and happy. My friend and I have NEVER come across staff so friendly and eager to please, front of house staff and restaurant staff were equally good at making us feel at ease and contributed to our weekend being so wonderful. I really can't recommend this venue enough and if you are after a beautiful place to go and relax and eat marvellous food then this is indeed the place for you! I will certainly be returning in the near future. Many thanks to everyone who made our stay so wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having purchased a website voucher offer, I visited this hotel for the purpose of using the spa. Firstly I must say that each member of staff I came into contact with was friendly and courteous, from the lady I booked my visit with on the phone, to the two gents behind the desk and the lady who gave me my spa treatments. Everyone makes you feel special. The facilities at the spa are first rate, with the whole atmosphere being one of relaxation and indulgence. My treatments were a comfort massage and a facial and at the end I felt blissfully relaxed. Having had a light lunch and refreshments (all of good quality), I headed to the swimming pool. This is set overlooking the grounds and the jacuzzi was welcome after swimming in the less than warm pool water. I didn't try the thermal suite or the gym but the showers and changing facilities are excellent. It was a welcome chnage to have hairdryers that were free of charge! Robes and tweol were provided although there were no slippers due to the delivery not coming the day before. There is ample car parking on site as the spa is located away from the main hotel building. Overall I really enjoyed my experience here and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to the Spa. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future.

llandudno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

If a hotel sets itself as a 4 star country house hotel then my perception is different from what we experienced here. On arrival reasonable welcome but no assistance offered or directions to the room given just left with the feeling sort yourself out. Had upgraded our room choice and chose a 'contemporary room' from traditional but quite disappointed with the room though overlooking the lake and grounds we got no real benefit unless standing right at the window, but the description contemporary is ridiculous as nothing was contemporary, furnishings tired and stained and bathroom well clean but from the 90's, so last century.
We went for a drink in the bar agonizing slow service but with pleasant staff, again the bar may well have been recently decorated but with bright white paint, bright lights and large plasma screen what happened to country house?
Had dinner from the 'special' menu, lemon sole on the bone lovely...well no, it was on the bone purely because it was so small and then served well overcooked the other choice was lamb casserole can't describe it as there was no taste totally bland. Would say the restaurant is lovely and oak paneled but again no thought on lighting or ambiance which could make such a difference to the dining experience. Then back to the stark bright white bar with only one other person there, we requested a liqueur and coffee while waiting our conversation was drowned with the commentary of the game of American Football on the large plasma screen.
Retired for the evening bed, was comfortable though to discover a well fed, red swollen bed bug in the morning and when reported to reception was told maintenance would be informed and they had had a lot of foreigners recently?!?
As for breakfast well sadly as with all major hotel groups the staffing, was limited but they tried so hard, and of course we had to serve ourselves...buffet style so okay but even the toast you stand in a queue to put your 2 slices then wait for it to toast..not a stress free start to the day.
So my assessment was a generally medium/good average 3 star hotel with spa [not tested] most certainly not the 4 star country house experience that was wanted and expected

Room Tip: Better probably if upgrading go for traditional rather than contemporary
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience while saying with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.
Front Office Manager

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!