“My second visit and likely not my last to Durika” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Durika Biological Reserve

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
Durika Biological Reserve
You added Durika Biological Reserve to your Saves list
18 kms NE from Buenos Aires | Apartado Postal 9-8100, Buenos Aires, Costa Rica   |
Brockville, Canada
“My second visit and likely not my last to Durika”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

A friend's love of Durika drew me there last year. My description of my experience enticed my daughter and son-in-law to join me in January 2013. They loved it so much they plan to come next year and bring their two teenagers! And so it goes..... Durika has it all for the person who doesn't crave luxury accommodations but rather nature at its best. It is indescribable: the hour trek up the mountain road that is worse than any ATV trail at home; the cloud forest that can settle in around you; the absolutely delicious vegetarian food. I finally got the recipe for the Gallo Pinto so I can make it at home! the hikes to the coffee and banana plantations, the waterfall, or into the rain forest; the 2 day trek up to the Continental Divide through 6 ecosystems; the massages; Reflexology treatments; treatments for your other ailments; and smiles from the hard working community members....I cannot possibly describe it in a review when it took me over 2 hours to do a slide show to my women's group when I returned from my first visit.
Check out www.durika.org and see some of the photos, but, you won't get the true feel for Durika unless you make that trek up the mountain yourself!

Room Tip: If a hot shower is really important to you, ask when you book if a cabin with hot water is available...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Quebec,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Durika is exactly the way life should be in the best of worlds. The nature of course is at its best. But it is the people that made it perfect for me. The kind, loving and compassionnate atmosphere they created in Durika moved me very much. That is the most precious memory I brought back with me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Durika was like no where I have ever been! I was not sure what to expect when taking the winding roads to Durika but I was not disappointed upon arrival. The scenery is breath taking you can actually touch the clouds! The story behind Durika is amazing in its self. Everything from growing their own foods to the man made road. We were lucky enough to experience Dr. German's birthday celebration while we were there. We had so much fun. The founding family is beautiful and accommodating. This is a wonderful place to take in the surrounding beauty, as well as analyzing the way we live in our own countries. I highly recommend this location for those nature lovers and those interested in alternative medicine! I hope to someday return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I return time and again to Durika. There is so much peace to be found there. And the community continues to evolve. To mature and to become even better. I like to think that some of their evolution has rubbed off on me...that I am a better person for having shared the wonder that is Durika. In the year since I was last there, several of the cabinas have been renovated. New trails have been mapped. New menu options and items in the gift shop also. Change is good. Durika is always special and now even more so.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Zeist, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We loved to stay at Durika. Beautifull surroundings, great walks and explanation of nature by the inhabitants of Durika, lovely people, very good food: a great and unique experience. We were happy and grateful to be in this community and this close to nature for a few days!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Although i spent there only one full day, I was amazed of the positive vibrations I received from the people and the nature. I will go back for health reasons in November and will stay 3 weeks. Dr German and Dana were very helpful and I am looking forward seeing them again. If the Dr cannot cure me then the nature will. Already feel very good about it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Durika was one of our most amazing experiences during our Costa Rica round trip. There is no comfort at all but you can feel the silence of this place. We stayed for 3 days at the "honeymoon cabin" - very simple, with cold water in the small private bathroom only. You get very nice vegetarian meals together with all other guests. If you want there are guides included in the price, all of them knows so much about the environment. Ask for Eugenio who knows Costa Rican birds as no one else we met! The community of Durika planted one million trees around the reserve and their enthusiasm can infect the visitors very easily! More you can read at our homepage "wehr-reinhold.com".

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Durika Biological Reserve? Share your experiences!