“Brillant holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Globales Costa Tropical

You added Hotel Globales Costa Tropical to your Saves list
Hotel Globales Costa Tropical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Maestro Leonardo s/n, 35630 Costa de Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain (Formerly Apartahotel Costa Tropical (Oasis Tropical))   |
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Brillant holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We asked for a quiet room but unfortunately put us above the bar area - next day we asked to move and moved straight away no problems.

The apartments are all very clean but a bit dated. Beds are not very comfortable. Great balcony.

Pool freezing.

The staff all very friendly.

Food great - lots of it - lots of fish dishes and great salads. You can help yourself to wine, beer and soft drinks.

In the bar area you are served drinks in plastic cups - not great.

There is a great coastal path to Caleta De Fuste, you get there by going across some waste land - the walk is beautiful - lots of chipmunks to feed (very friendly). Be careful as the pigeons (who are very friendly as well) like you to feed them as well.

Caleta De Fuste has a great beach and plenty of shops, bars and restaurants.

If you go to the far end of the beach and across more waste land then you come to another beach which is amazing well worth the extra 5 mins walk.

If you need to catch a bus i would go to Puerto del Rossario - this is where the main bus station is.

Corrlaejo is well worth the visit - great place.

You can walk back from Puerto del Rossario by using the coastal path - its not great terrain but the terrain is a bit rocky as you are walking on Volcanic rock. You walk past the airport so great if you love your planes.

If you are into your diving then use the Dive Center at Caleta de Fuste - great service.

You can get a bus to and from the airport if you don't want to use the taxi (under 3 Euro for bus - 2 adults) and (just over 10 euro for taxi).

The weather was warm/cloudy and very windy so the evenings are cooler.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 130 great shower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 17th march for a week after looking at these reviews I was really scared of what we where going to find but all I can say is completely ignore these bad reviews the hotel was better than I thought. Yeah u do get plastic cups for drinks which is pain but u get used to it. There is not much variety for drinks in the day beer n sangria till the main bar opens at half 3. The staff where very friendly and everyone in the hotel was very nice to. Hotel was out of season so the swim up bar was not open or the disco but my little lad had a brill time dancing at the mini disco. There is not much entertainment in the night we took cards which a lot of guest did to. We went to the beach which I must say is a good 25 mins walk but was pleasant walk. Free bus to centre but we just got taxi as was only 4 euros. Food in the hotel was average breakfast was the best meal of the day ur not in 5* but it was great value for a 3*. We stayed in room 229 which was over looking the pool really nice views of the sea as well which was really nice to wake up to. Weather was fantastic really hot everyday. We went out for afternoon and tea 1.50 euros for a beer happy hour which was really good value and recommend wild west steak house really nice food And good deals 8.95 euro for 3course meal. For what we paid for al for week was well worth it would defiantly go back trust me just go for yourselfs and see what u make of it and not what these reviews say.

• Stayed March 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The write up on this hotel says it is handy for the beach and shops, well only if you like a good walk, use the free Elba bus or use taxis (about 4 euros). The hotel is clean but not all rooms overlook the pool area as stated (ours looked out onto the Restaurant roof. The entertainment was practically non-existent, very little for the kids and the staff take wednesdays off. The drinks are served in small plastic cups, you only get a glass if you buy a cocktail. In the Restaurant if you are not down early for your meal then you have to clean and reset your own table.

Room Tip: Just pray you get a good one
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gosport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I visited the Costa Tropical Apartments back in November to celebrate my husband’s 50th Birthday unfortunately this was a holiday to remember for all the wrong reasons! So before I start I would like to get a few things straight, we have never and could never be able to afford a 5 star holiday so any comparisons made are purely at face value and not for any other reason.
We have left leaving a review so long as to let the pure disappointment and anger over our holiday subside a little so that our review is fair and not ranting. Arrived at the costa and given room 112 which was totally unacceptable as it stunk of excrement my husband for a quiet life said we could open the patio door to see if the smell dissipated, but after working all year for our 1 holiday I was not prepared to do this and went straight down to reception to speak to Nadia who ran reception, when I pointed out the problem in a quiet and respectful way I was given the key to room 144 a large eot first floor room which was clean and tidy if all be it dog earned and having seen better days.
Furniture covers were full of holes and a curtain was used as a throw to cover this, the bathroom was a health and safety officers dream come too as it was a safety nightmare for these reasons, if I wanted to use the hair dryer supplied I had to unplug the boiler which incidentally was positioned over the toilet which made using the toilet a back breaking event also the boiler was held to the wall by a steel hooks which looked very unstable, the shower head did not fit its cradle properly and sprayed water all over the floor the tile grouting was full of mould which you could smell.
The kitchen appliances only had one socket for all of the appliances, there were other sockets around the apartment which were no longer in use, the bedroom was of the standard expected with a hard bed but the room its self was enormous.
We had a large balcony overlooking the children’s play area and pool with views out to sea which was acceptable however the view of various amounts of litter was not.
On first impression the pool area looked nice, however trying to find a clean unbroken sunbed proved to be somewhat difficult and time consuming there is a pool bar which was closed whilst we were visiting and the main pool itself was so cold that I only ventured in once and my husband not at all, some days the pool area was cleaned but cups, teabags and fag butts were never picked up, the children’s pool was severely lacking with at least years’ worth of paint peeling away from the bottom which was both unsightly and sharp to walk on in fourteen nights I never say anyone clean the sunbeds!
During the day you can only get drinks from the pizzeria which come served in a small plastic beaker which does not even hold a quarter of a pint, there is no self-service and the waitress was surly most days, you can only get larger, sangria or soft drinks before 3pm and even when the bar is open you are made to feel that all inclusive makes you a second class citizen. As a person that has previously owned a small coffee shop I had major misgivings about the restaurant and the food served therein, in fourteen days we never had a hot meal unless we ate out the food was the of the worst standard I have ever seen in 30 years of catering and some days we lived off of salad The entertainment was non-existent apart from the usual parrot/reptile show the only thing was available karaoke if the system worked of course, I appreciate that hospitality is hard work but I have never in my life seen anything as pitiful as hotel Costa Tropical and we were both counting the down the days until we could go home.
On my husband’s birthday 16/11/2012 whilst walking to the bar we were shocked to see an armed robbery taking place at reception after this had happened a couple of families left and we were very disappointed that the management didn’t even try to reassure any of the patrons
All in all I would not recommend the Costa Tropical it is outdated and ropey and not what I want to get for my hard cash.
So if you work hard all year for a holiday as we do please save your money and don’t go, if you have no taste buds and are easily pleased you will love it.
On the plus side we have made some fabulous new friends and the best thing about costa tropical is defiantly the cats.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality M, Quality Manager at Hotel Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your time spent on write a comment on TripAdvisor describing the sensations obtained during your stay at Globales Costa Tropical.

However, we feel sorry that the service received was not up to the standards you expected. We have read your comment and suggestion about our hotel, please be assured that we will take them all into consideration in order to make our hotel a better choice for clients.

Once again thank you for your comments,

Yours sincerely,

Quality Manager.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have just returned from a 10-day stay and found the whole experince very relaxing and comfortable. This hotel is kept clean and tidy and the staff are all very polite and attentive. The food is excellent and, with the buffet style meals, you can eat as much or as little as you want. There were several choices for each meal repeating every seven days. The breakfasts were some of the best we've ever had and fans of 'The Full English' will not be disappointed.
The facilities at the hotel are very comprehensive with two small shops on site but drinks in disposable plastic beakers remains the main downside.
There is a 20 minute walk over a moon-like landscape to Caletta de Fuste or a 40 minute pleasant a walk via a new coastal path but also a free bus service. If it's a relaxing break you want this is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: The upper rooms in the main block all (or mostly) have sea-views but we saw some appartments with wh...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just got back from a week here, paid all inclusive but only had about 3 main meals, after one day contracted some kind of stomach bug (source unknown),so stuck in room for 3 days with d & v and only sky news to entertain me (Oh and the entertainment of watching the mould grow in the corner of the room) food was average (limited choice and always made of previous meals left overs) room 106: well as i said mould in corner of main room ,tiles on floor cracked and broken, bathroom well tiles on all walls were coming away so dangerous in my mind, water heater in corner was a health and safety matter as only held on by one hook and would easy cause severe injury to a adult or child, sink and bidet was cracked, had to repair shower myself with a butter knife, and as for the sign as you walk in door saying preserve water the toilet over flow was constantly overflowing. bedroom was ok beds ok but that was it nothing else in there except fitted wardrobes, no dressing table for partner to get ready at night times(not that there was much to get ready for). pool area ok ,limited drinks and snacks, shops on site ok but limited. Advise to take own medicine as nearest chemist is in next village caletta 2km away. The staff were friendly and some what helpful . would i say this is a value holiday??? me and my partner paid £450 all inclusive each and would like to say that we have had a lot better in the past for less. my rating for this place would be 2 star.......am personally so glad we did'nt have children with us...would not reccomend this Hotel at all.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from this lovely holiday. All inclusive. The staff were really nice and couldn't do enough for you. The rooms are basic but clean. Ours had a new water heater so we never ran out of hot water as others had complained in earlier reviews. Lovely balcony overlooking the pool and the sea beyond. The all inclusive meant we were never hungry and could drink without having to wonder if we could pay:-) There were some that grumbled about the food but we thought it was lovely with plenty of choice. However if you're a fussy eater, don't go on holiday anywhere! The Hotel is a bit away from the main center but there is a free bus and, if you like walking, there is a lovely cliff walk by the sea where you can feed the chipmunks. This I would say is a 3 Star Hotel and I think we paid a 2 Star price. For the money we paid we thought it was excellent. Ones that have given bad reviews, I think base their reviews on a 5 Star Hotel, and that is not fair to this Hotel. We certainly hope to be going back in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Globales Costa Tropical? Share your experiences!