“Simply fabuluous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chequers Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wickham Market
Chequers Bed & Breakfast
You added Chequers Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
220 High Street, Wickham Market, Woodbridge IP13 0RF, England   |
“Simply fabuluous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you want to stay somewhere which is owned and run by someone who looks after every detail, look no further. The Hayloft was stunning....attention to detail and your comfort is Jan's calling card...oh, and a simply magnificent breakfast served in your room.

Room Tip: 3 to choose from - Hayloft is the best for a couple....the room below if a family
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your recent stay here at Chequers. Im delighted that you enjoyed it so much and look forward to "having you stay" again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards
Jan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My Mother and I occupied both the garden room and the hayloft rooms. Both very clean and extremely comfortable with everything that we needed including Sat TV, Wi-Fi, tea and coffee making facilities in room,toiletries and most comfortable pillows. Jan is very welcoming and could not do enough for us. Lovely garden with sitting out areas for each room and plenty of off road parking. As mentioned in other reviews, the breakfasts served in your room are outstanding - my Mother felt it was the best B&B that she had ever stayed at. A home from home.Well situated for Central Suffolk touring. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The garden room is compact and at ground level so ideal for elderly people and the other two rooms a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello Susan,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review about you and your mother's stay here at Chequers.

I feel absolutely delighted that you both had such an enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable stay. It was a pleasure to look after you both and I look forward to having you stay again in the not too distant future.

Many thanks and best wishes,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Coach House with our one year old daughter last weekend. Jan was a perfect host and made us feel very welcome from the start. Our room was quiet, spacious and clean in a beautiful setting. Breakfast was delicious and served in our room with a breakfast of strawberries and kiwi fruit followed by scrambled egg for the little one.

We will certainly be staying here again when we visit Suffolk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello to you all. Thank you so much for the lovely review of your stay here at Chequers. I try to make sure that everyone has a relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable stay. Getting a review such as yours reassures me that that Im on the "right track"
Im delighted to see that you intend to return and look forward to seeing you all again.....maybe for next years "Maverick Festival"... especially little Matilda. Thank you again

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My mother and I stayed in the Coach House for four nights after receiving a very warm welcome from Jan, our host. The bedroom and bathroom are both spacious and well appointed. As other reviewers have posted, it is all the thoughtful finishing touches that add to the welcome and comfort of your stay. You feel at home very quickly.
Nothing was too much trouble for Jan; any requests were promptly fulfilled. Thank you Jan.
The breakfasts are up with the best we have had and the tea is definitely the best that I have ever had at any overnight accommodation.
The house is set in pretty gardens making the setting a tranquil one. We will be sure to return if needing a bed in the area again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review. It was a pleasure having you both to stay and its lovely to know that you felt welcomed and at home. I look forward to having you both to stay again in the not too distant future.
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed just the one night but it was fantastic. We had a lovely warm welcome from Jan who couldn't do enough. The Garden room is cosy and very comfortable with a light airy feel and very quiet and the entrance is separate from the owner's house. The location is very good for all the local sights and only 20 minutes from Aldeburgh seafront. The choice of breakfast was great and we plumped for the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which also came with toast and fresh fruit salad, we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!. The breakfast was served in the room so there was none of the last minute rushed dressing to get to breakfast on time. I can't recommend this place enough, we will be back for longer. One of the best - 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review of Chequers.
Im delighted that everything about your stay was just as you wanted. Its always good to know that my guests have had an enjoyable and relaxing time and want to return.
I look forward to meeting you both again on your next visit.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed in the garden cottage, although small, it was lovely and clean and despite the building work going on outside, really cosy and peaceful. Jan made every effort to make me feel welcome and even made a take away breakfast for me on the day I had to leave as it was too early for breakfast. Lots of DVDs to choose from, I watched some as I was doing a course during the day and was simply too tired to go out in the evening, but the cottage is in a lovely location, walkable distance to centre of town. I would stay here again, if I do another course in the area.

Room Tip: The garden room is lovely, but I would recommend one of the other rooms if more than one person or s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello Annelize,
Many thanks for your kind review of your stay here at Chequers. Im delighted to see that you would stay here again in the event that you have another course in this area.
Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Having never stayed in a bed and breakfast before it was with great reluctance that I chose Chequers. I should never have worried - Chequers is as good as any five star hotel. The room was extremely inviting, cosy and exceptionally clean. I loved the little touches of the towelling robes, the shampoo, etc. Being able to make your own tea/coffee with a biscuit was a bonus. As far as the breakfast goes - just don't bank on having any room left for lunch. Jan was a wonderful host and nothing was too much trouble. I will definitely stay there whenever I visit that part of the world. it is also so convenient to be able to park your car off the road and next to your room. The garden room is a definite must.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Chequers.
Im so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and delighted that you will be returning for future visits. My aim is that each of my guests leave feeling refreshed, rested and wanting to return.
Thank you again.
Jan

Been to Chequers Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!