“Lovely little campsite with good facilities and a laidback attitude.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Orchard Campsite

The Orchard Campsite
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wickham Market
The Orchard Campsite
You added The Orchard Campsite to your Saves list
28 Spring Lane, Wickham Market, Woodbridge IP13 0SJ, England   |
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little campsite with good facilities and a laidback attitude.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed at The Orchard Campsite a couple of times and it has been great both times. I love the surrounding area with this part of Suffolk being one of my favourite places to visit in England.
The owner and staff are friendly and welcoming and the campsite isn't one of those bland, sterile ones where everything is rigidly marked out. There some spots for campervans and caravans that have electric hookups, lots of trees, a pond, a stream, and a couple of gorgeous gypsy caravans that I think you can rent to stay in (not tried that yet, maybe next time). They have nice clean (hot) showers and loos, facilities for electric shaving and hairdryers and a shop which sells lots of stuff including local produce. One of the best things is that you are allowed to have an open fire and can buy logs at the site.
It makes a great base for visiting the local area too, Orford is particularly nice.
I'd thoroughly recommend this campsite to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here in the summer for a couple of days and would recommend it to anyone wanting to get away from it all. The location is brilliant and has lovely surroundings. Toasting marshmallows on campfires are a must! The staff are friendly and the shop is well stocked. Will be visiting again next year for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Sitting at home planning my trips for next year, with a limited budget. I thought it would be appropriatte to review the orchard campsite - at last. I have been visiting it since 2007 and have had an excellent trip each and every time. It consistently improves its services. The latest being very spacious teepee tents waiting for me upon arrival this year. I am a huge fan of the 'have your own campfire' concept and the staff are always on board to help set this up. I also appreciated the breakfast steak sandwich cooked for me this year. The bbq's that you help yourself too are easily big enough to cook for 8 people at a time. It is these little things that help you enjoy a weekend away with friends. The power and water points seem to increase every year and having not yet camped in the woods I look forward to making that my plot of choice in 2013. The showers are always hot and there seems to be no limit as to how long you stay in them! I normally just wait until someone to knock before venturing back out! They are also very large and there is room to hang your clothes up and keep them dry while you use the facilities The whole vibe of the orchard campsite is that of a relaxed happy atmosphere. The noise levels are always acceptable and every other camper that you meet has a smile and a hello for you when you cross paths. I can only attribute this spirit to the staff who are always helpful and happy.
All in all I would recomend this sight to people/groups of all ages, I am confident that like me you will have a great weekend and seriously consider returning year upon year.

Room Tip: Get a campfire, it completes the experience.
Heiloo, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've spent the weekend here with a friend in September and we had a great time. aside from the weather being surprisingly good (warm and sunny all weekend), we where greated by friendly staff who went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. This place is perfect for both people looking for a relaxed time, as well as hardcore campers. The on site store is also highly recommended and will provide in most of your needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've stayed at this campsite every year for the past 7 years and it is a beautiful space. Every year it gets better. When I first arrived, they had just a tiny shop, but over the years it has turned into a mini supermarket, with a wide selection of what you need. Plus, they have microwaves, which is an absolute blessing when packing some food for the weekend. The toilets/ showers aren't 5 star luxury hotel standard (it's a campsite), but they do the job and I've rarely had to wait. But the best thing about this site is the trees, the quiet and the atmosphere. And real fires!!! I've met so many different people here and everyone has been so warm and welcoming. If you are looking for 5 star luxury living, can I suggest that camping isn't going to supply that? But if you like camping, but can't face the endless cooking an washing or want to be able to buy some fresh food or cold drinks during your stay, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The romany caravans are a nice little luxury for two people.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

A large group of us stayed here at the end of the summer, Alan the site owner greeted us when we arrived and gave us all the info we needed about pitching. It's great to have a site owner so hands on and involved with the guests, really felt you were coming to stay with friends for the the weekend. We loved being able to pick a spot and not having such strict rules as you find at other sites. The campfires are of course a real plus to this site, and yes at the end of the summer there were some scorch marks in the grass, I am not sure that this matters really though? It's a beautiful natural meadow with slopes, old trees, natural ponds and a river, not a pristine manicured lawn! The kids loved the marshmallows and glowsticks that are given away, such fun! This is a real down to earth camping experience! The shop has got everything you could possibly need, and there is a co-op and post office etc just a short walk away for any extras. We cannot wait to book out next trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Suffolk, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were part of a 5 family group (19 people) camping for the weekend (Fri-Sun). We had a very very good weekend. The children loved being able to run around in, out & up the trees, swinging on the rope swings. Playground is small but the campsite on the whole was their playground. There is an area with table tennis tables. After dark all the children on the site were called to gather together for a glow stick hunt where the owner throw out hundreds of glow sticks for the children to collect, they spent the next couple of hours on the central grass area swinging and throwing their sticks into the dark making their own light shows. Shower block/toilets were as expected. Shop available with very reasonably priced food & drink and if they don't have what you want the village has a Co-op a 10 - 15 minute walk away. Having a real campfire was fantastic and we just sat chatting & staring into the flames into the night. The only downside would be that we arranged for electric hook-up only to find that it would not support a home kettle etc. although we were able to have our money back. All in all a super weekend. Happy children = happy Mummies & Daddies. Looking to go back in 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Orchard Campsite? Share your experiences!