“A Gem of a Microbrewery” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Neustadt
Durham, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A Gem of a Microbrewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Neustadt is one of those 'quaint' little Ontario towns that you either miss because it is not on any main road, or go through it because you don't know its history and its gems. Neustadt Springs Brewery is the largest and, in my opinion, the best of these 'gems'.

I love beer tasting and usually prefer a lager, but of late I'be been enamored of dark beers. On one visit to the Brewery, the brew Master himself worked the till and I asked him what makes the dark beers so good. Not only did he tell me, in great detail, how the various beers are brewerd, but he also called my attention to the fact that he had just tapped his first batch of bock beer. Needless to say I took a dozen bottles home.

My favorite dark beer, however. is Neustadt's 10W30. Yes, that's right! And No, it is not oily, but a delicious dark brew that I have craved Summer after Summer as the most refreshing beer.

The Neustadt Springs Brewery is unmistakable! It looms like a fortress along the road, its century old walls likely holding secrects as well as casks of beer. Worth a visit any time you travel North-Souoth along Highway 6 or East-West along County Road 4, but you'll need a map or a GPS!

Visited December 2013

Caledon, Ontario
22 attraction reviews
“Great beer, great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

On July 13, I took the tour of Neustadt Springs Brewery in Neustadt Ontario. This is a microbrewery which produces exceptionally good beers. They have won many prestigious awards for their beers. The brewery was built in 1859 and may be the oldest original brewery in Ontario. The tour of 10 adults (children are not allowed) took 11/2 hour & was a great bargain. For $7.00 per person, we got a brief history of the brewery, had three tastings of three of their delicious brews and learned how this brewery makes its beers. We got to see the brewing rooms and had a tour of the underground caverns which was refreshingly cool on a hot summer day. A great experience.

Visited July 2013

Been to Neustadt Springs Brewery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Neustadt Springs Brewery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.