We stayed in this hotel over the New Year Weekend for a special NYE package of a Masquarade Ball with overnight stay and late checkout. Since we had two small boys, we arranged for the hotel to provide baby-sitting while we went down for the party.
- Beautilful Lobby!
- Elegant rooms
- Great balcony views of the sea
- 3 huge pools with 2 infinity ones at the beach
- Service is really below par
- This property was made to host the world beach games and an athelet village is adjacent (empty) and it a sports complex trying hard to become a luxury resort
- The staff were very stretched (maybe because it was a busy NYE) but the same staff did most of the restaurants, some of them also sang, some were at the bar, hence you got the sense that the hotel was over-working them in every capacity
Now, with that out of the way, this place is brilliant for the family...very large open space, just that the bay in front of the hotel is very emply, and all the pool and luxury sun beds and umbrellas are at the side of the hotel (a considerable walk away), maybe they need to put some life into this seemingly abandoned bay space that was probably useful for the beach games that it had hosted.
But what really was strange was the lack of entertainment options at this resort... speaking to some of the guest, they literally felt trapped as the cab was a min US$ 130 to the main city of Muscat.
Its good place for a get-away from the city and unwind, and is ideal for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of the Gulf of Oman, Millennium Resort Mussanah blends vivid Arabian and Asian themes to provide a unique and memorable getaway resort on the coast of Al Batinah. The lifestyle destination resort is just 45 minutes from Muscat International Airport and close to the neighbouring cities of Barka and Sohar. With panoramic views of the sea, the resort has something for everyone and caters for seafaring guests with a private 54-berth marina, conferencing facilities for discerning business visitors, offers a diverse range of sports activities for leisure travellers and luxurious pools with exclusive beach access for holidaymakers. Guests can relax in idyllic surroundings and take in all of the spectacular natural beauty that the Sultanate of Oman has to offer.Millennium Resort Mussanah features 234 luxurious accommodating hotel rooms in a range of options to suit every need including Deluxe, Executive and Junior Suites, 74 fully-furnished serviced apartments or residences comprising of studios and one bedroom and two bedroom duplex apartments. Each room offers impressive views of Al Hajar Mountains, the Marina or the Gulf of Oman. The resort also offers a choice of culinary options including a poolside bar open until sunset, modern lounge, à la carte restaurant and a welcoming buffet all with private terraces facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Millennium Resort Mussanah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Resort Mussanah Hotel Al Mussanah