“Poor Service and And un concerned management about service” 2 of 5 stars

Millennium Resort Mussanah
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Wudham Al Sahil | P.O. Box 82, Al Mussanah 300, Oman   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Al Mussanah
Muscat, Oman
“Poor Service and And un concerned management about service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have booked on 15th Nov 2012 for night and it was unpleasant experience for such a big name, my store is as following:
1. I arrived at 1400 soon I checked in I had to look for someone to take my luggage as everyone was busy and unorganized arrival process.
2. No one has guided us to the Room, only room number in the Room card mentioned.
3. After switching on the TV we came to know that the remote control is not working, we have reported that and no one has attended us for 30 minutes, I had to go down to handover the remote and give us another one, surprisingly the replaced on is not working too, so I had to wait for the second one to be replaced, some issue after 45 minutes.
4. we started discovering the hotel , Only one restaurant is operating in a holiday day , which is a very pick time ,we booked a table for diner .
5. We headed to the pool which is very disconnected to the hotel, you need to work almost 400 to 500 Mtrs to reach there.
6. 3 pools are around one is big not deep, and two infinite pools (NO KIDS POOL ) as we were told it was a good family break hotel .
7. No service at all at the pool.
8. After getting ready for the diner ,we arrived the restruent , we had to look for someone to guide us to the table , service was poor , we started having our starter and I went for the main course , after few bights , I was shocked knowing that a big piece of plastic in my food and I m not sure if I have eaten some of it .
9. Immediately , I have called the restaurant manager , and he apologized for the incident and called the chef and the same was told , I clearly told the restaurant manager I need investigation on this matter and someone has to be countable for such matter .
10. We left the restaurant without finishing our food everyone of us felt sick about and also the most , I was worried about my son whom is 2 years 7 months old .
11. After leaving the restaurant, I have reported the sameto the duty manager and he was shocked and promised me that action will be taken and I have advised him that I need series action and a compensation on this matter.
12. At 2300 someone junior called me saying that, we have seen your case and we invite you for lunch next day , I told him you must kidding , how would you dare to invite me while I just had a terrible experience , he started raising his voice to me and said this what I was ordered to do , I told him ask your manager or GM to call me for this matter .
13. Next day my wife said ok let us forget about last night and lets have breakfast , Wehoooo I wish if I didn’t go , Big time mess , many people around you no time to enjoy food , service very poor , we have asked for coffee ,the waiter didn’t even bother to answer me back , very basic food and loads of people , more than 10 people waiting for tables in the middle of the restaurant .
14. NO ONE CALLED ME OR ANYTHING FOR ME CASE.
15. We left at 1400 , very upset and I thought maybe the front desk will apologies about what happened , NO ONE AGAIN has clue about anything .

TODAY is 19th Nov after 5 days, never received any call from anyone from the hotel.

This is my store

Ps . when ever you need to speak to someone , no way to answer you , every 5 calls maybe one will be picked .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

There are some many things wrong with this hotel, starting with it is almost impossible to find (even with GPS). Calling reception and asking for directions a total waste of time and money and after a long flight and being driving for over an hour this is the last thing you need! The hotel and surrounding areas are unfinished so no chance to relax when during the day you have on top of you the noise of a construction site. The pool area is tiny and the beach is a total health hazard, with construction material scatter all over, broken sharp tiles, rusty screws and nails and even car tyres. Btw the spa is not finished either so if you book a week or more holiday here be ready for some big disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Although the hotel is currently in its soft launch with the spa and gym yet to come. As it stands its not what you would expect from 5 star resort. It's just not as polished and luxuriously comfortable as you want. The mini bar is empty for starters and the Internet connection is practically useless. Maybe once complete this will be better

Room Tip: Get the sea view if you like to have a coffee in the morning. The deluxe garden view is neither delu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

During our Eid trip to Oman, we decided to splurge and stay at this beachside resort. Yes, it's way off the beaten track which is fine if you are just looking to hang out on the beach like we did all day, but there isn't anything else to see or do in Mussanah. The hotel is pretty but my biggest complaint is the deplorable customer service. Upon check in, the lady at the front desk seemed flustered and overwhelmed by the large number of people trying to check in. She kept cutting me off to speak to other guests that push their way to the front. She should have told them to wait their turn (I live in the Middle East and know that it's the culture, but come on!)When I finally got my turn, she said, "No check in until 2. Please go sit there." I asked her to at least check to see if the room was ready, but she wouldn't do it. Later my husband went to another check in agent and was able to get the room. We booked an apartment which was well decorated and spacious but had a musty smell. The bathroom had those annoying half shower doors so the whole floor gets wet when you turn on the shower. The tub is too deep for elderly people or kids to safely access.The balcony is unusable as it's only a foot wide with sliding door. At the pool bar we ordered drinks and food and I told the waiter that we would be seated on the beach, which is just a few steps below the pool area. He rolled his eyes and said, "That is very far to take the food but ok." Really?? Later that evening we ordered room service. First, we had a hard time reaching room service as the lines were busy. When we finally placed the order, once again they said, "You are in the aparment buidling so it will be a long time to deliver the food. You have to wait 45 minutes." One hour later our food arrived. It was cold, tasteless, expensive and not even what we ordered. Furthermore, they forgot the untensils and salt and pepper. Luckily we used forks from the kitchen because we knew calling them back would result in more complaining. On the plus side, the morning breakfast buffet was good and the beach was nice. If it wasn't for the lazy staff, we could have enjoyed ourselves more.

Room Tip: If you want quick room service, stay in the hotel rooms in the main buidling. If you need more space...
Buenos Aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I didn t like it at all. The room was quite good but the cleaning was terrible,as soon as i got there i had to call the housekeeping manager since the floor and the bathroom were dirty. Also the bedroom was very bad maintained, I could seehumidity in the walls, this was very visible so it ruines all the room. If the room would have been good clean and maintained it was a nice one.
The bad thing is that some common areas from the hotel are still under construction. It has some noce swimmg pools, but when i went it was pcked of people, so didn t enjoy that much, prefere gping to the beach even thought it is not a good one, instead of sand i think it was all mud.
The breakfast is a buffet and is almost very good
I went one night with a discount voucher, so thanks that i didn t pay the full price, but i think it doesnt even worth the price i payed.
I would have satyed at home and have a nicest weekend. Definitely I wouldn t go back again.

Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had nothing better to do on an extended weekend hence decided to try out this place along with a couple of friends. The good things about this place is;

1. Amazing walk along the coast line.
2. Great view from the sea facing rooms.
3. Great food.........sumptuous breakfast.
4. Rooms are good.....well maintained.
5. Pools are excellent.

Besides the above, there is little else to do......hence one can get bored after a day at the hotel unless one is a sailing enthusiast.

The service also needs a lot of improvement as the staff does not seem to be too bothered about prompt service.

Room Tip: Opt for the sea facing rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The resort is most conveniently placed 123 km away from muscat,which is a mere 2 hours.the views are breathtaking and the walk on the coast is definitely worth the trip.the rooms are excellent and are always decorated differently.they have a lovely infinity pool,a small ground with football poles and a jumpy castle too! Food is good...I happened to get thte Asian night,which is sad since the chefs are not very experienced in Asian food.the breakfast was whopping,though!

Room Tip: Always try and get a SUITE which faces the sea!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Millennium Resort Mussanah? Share your experiences!