“Lunch group” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Lunch group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited today with 8 friends, first time visit, we were welcomed well and had pre lunch drinks waiting for late comers. We all chose from the good set lunch menu. I had the mushroom starter followed by fish risotto, both were excellent, others were impressed with the venue and selection, will go back one evening for dinner.

Visited November 2013

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant occasionally for about 10 years and returned recently to see if it was as good as I remember but unfortunately I was disappointed. We sat in the conservatory which is looking a bit tired and it was cold which made it hard to relax. Had the cannelloni which used to be my favourite because it tasted so fresh but the meat tasted as if it were poor quality but the sauce was nice. My main course was lovely but my husband was not convinced by his steak with avocado and sauce! The service was good but we felt very rushed which was weird when they only had 4 tables on a Friday night. I really hope they can sort themselves out and bring it back to the wonderful restaurant it used to be.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brackley, United Kingdom
“Yet another great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This Restaurant is so consistantly good.
Have been visiting for more years than I can remember
and never had a bad meal yet

Visited October 2013
“Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited again and was to meet up with a friend, my friend did not make it and I ended up eating alone. I had a lovely lunch, nice glass of wine and the service and food was just as good as the other times I have been there with my family or a large group. The service was great and often someone would just stop and say, hi' and ask if I wanted anything. I usually don't lunch solo unless traveling, but am glad I decided to stay when my friend had to cancer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Not bad, but definitely room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Just had a meal there with 6 friends and one 5 yo. Service started well but mains came to quickly and veg was a very poor turn out. I ordered the steak and asked for it rare. It came very well done. Otherwise we were very happy with it all. Service was very odd with an old man rushing us a little.
I think it was good value for money but warning they add a 20% for tip on big parties. Normally happy to pay but service wasnt really worth that much.
Decor was ok, maybe a little plain, but food was good.

• Visited September 2013