“Great food, brilliant service - a regular with us!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Boundary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving homemade, quality food - catering to the Gluten Free diner with 80% of menu being available to them. Pies are our speciality - homemade on the premises with real pastry tops and bottoms! None of your stews in dishes with puff pastry lids here.... Warm atmosphere, welcoming and friendly!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great food, brilliant service - a regular with us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have never been disappointed with Reds, whether it was a slap up Valentine's meal, or pie night last Thursday. The food is always great and the service brilliant, atmosphere fun and buzzing. Well done guys, keep on doing what you are doing!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Simonsbath, United Kingdom
“Melt in the mouth pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Joined a couple of friends for the regular pie night on Thursday; we booked a table as it can get pretty busy! Having pre-ordered a gluten AND dairy free pie, we were well impressed at how stress free and easy it was. My two friends had lamb and rosemary pies, while I went for the vegetarian cheese, leek and potato. Absolutely phenomenal food - the pastry melts in your mouth, buttered mash was sublime and veggie gravy meant it wasn't too dry for me.
Staff as always were fantastic, despite being incredibly busy and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Recommended every time!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Pie night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The pies are brilliant really tasty and with loads of gravy and mushy peas, also you can order in advance if you want too.
Such a pleasant pub to visit, the staff and surroundings are lovely. Atmosphere is great and the log fire in the winter is a great bonus.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leek, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We went for an evening meal and thought I was in a pub based on drinkers not food. There was what seamed half soaked locals around the bar which didn't move so we could be served at the bar. They just looked at us as if we shouldn't be there. Which in fairness made us feel un welcomed. When we got our drinks we then ordered the food which took quite a while to come. When it did it was just very average which to be honest you could get at any pub at a cheaper price. It's simple nothing exciting food. Would I go again probably not but for a top rated pub on trip I was expecting better and there is plenty of room for improvement.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reds_at_Red_Lion, Owner at Reds Restaurant, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your review Kelvin Barks of The White Lion, Leek.

If you could contact me directly on redlion@redlionboundary.co.uk to give me more details of your visit I would be grateful.
Could you tell me the day of the week and approximate time of your visit?
Where you were seated and which dishes you chose?

I realise your visit was 6 months ago so I understand if you are unable to recall all these details.

As a fellow publican I am sure you understand I cannot control where my customers stand and how they behave, if you choose to visit us again we are more than happy to serve your drinks to your table so you don't have to feel so uncomfortable.
“An early tea at Reds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Drinks were ordered at the bar. A very good pint of Doombar ale
We started our meal with a selection of bread & olives. This consisted of three types of bread with a bowl olive oil over balsamic vinegar. The oil & vinegar could have done with being presented on there own.
For the main course I had a Chicken pie with mash and mushy peas this came with gravy on the plate, but I a gravy lover had to ask for extra. My wife had chicken breast warped in German cured ham with chunky chips & she said it was very tasty.
We didn't have a sweet as we were already full.
The service was excellent very friendly and professional.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere