“My daughters 19th birthday meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Boundary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving homemade, quality food - catering to the Gluten Free diner with 80% of menu being available to them. Pies are our speciality - homemade on the premises with real pastry tops and bottoms! None of your stews in dishes with puff pastry lids here.... Warm atmosphere, welcoming and friendly!
“My daughters 19th birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Birthday meal for my 19 year old daughter.
Table was booked for 7:30 on a Wednesday night. We arrived early and got some drinks from the bar a friendly atmosphere with a welcoming open fire, we were shown to our table by a very friendly bubbly young waitress. The menu had been altered a little form our last visit giving some tasty looking options. As always it was very good I had Spiced Beef with Bubble & Squeak Cake to start followed by on of their fantastic home made pies this time it was Lamb (on a Thursday the have a pie night) the other four in our party had good meals my son had a starter of Tempura Battered Sole Fillet served with a Citrus Dressed Salad that looked great. I think we will be returning soon and I'll try that.
We skipped a pudding as we had a birthday cake waiting at home. But once again we had a lovely meal.
I would recommend this place to anyone who loves good home cooked food well presented in a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy :-)

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good value, traditional pub food, good for coeliacs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

A traditional pub, with real ales on draught, and a traditional British pub / restaurant menu. Great value (2 courses for £7.95 when we went at lunchtime), laid-back atmosphere. Lots of gluten-free options on the menu.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stoke on Trent
“Mother's Day Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

In this relatively depressed area when everyone you speak to is strapped for cash, it was a treat to go to The Red Lion for Sunday lunch on Mother's Day, finding the pub full to bursting and the restaurant fully booked. Having said that, no-one was kept hanging around waiting. And what a delight the meal was, served by possibly the most pleasant waitress in the area. The food was EXACTLY what we ordered, fresh, home-cooked and piping hot. There was a good variety of vegtables to accompany the main course and everything was delicious. This was not our first visit to the establishment, but on a very busy day such as this, they did themselves proud. Highly recommended!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great food, staff and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Arriving one winter's lunch-time without warning, the room was nice and warm from the open fire and the staff were equally so. I tried a large portion of the gammon and chips and was very happy with it. However, I do feel that I may have missed something with their splendid pie sellection - maybe next time. Thank you all.

• Visited January 2013
West Midlands
“40th anniversary lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Sunday 3rd February my husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with 25 family and friends having the most wonderful Sunday lunch at Reds/Red Lion Boundary, from when we booked to being there on the day Matt and Vicki were most helpful, we actually had more guests than they usually have in the restaurant but managed to fit us in very comfortably, all our guests were very complementary about the food and the room, we have been to the Red Lion on a few occasions lunch and dinner and have always had great food and service I would recommend anyone to visit.

• Visited February 2013