“well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

stoke on trent staffordshire
7 attraction reviews
“well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

very interesting to see how pottery is made don't miss

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“See how grandad worked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

great to see the old skills of our forefathers important part of Stokes History

stoke on trent
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is a brilliant museum. Nothing to criticise forme, and masses of thigns right with it .. there are a great range of display techniques employed throughout and the whole thing is a great slice of our local history

Highly recommended.

Visited July 2011
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Going back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Gladstone Pottery Museuem is exactly as it was in the potter industry 50 years ago.I worked at the Portmerion factory (formerly Kirkhams) in the mid 60s nothing is hyped up and you get the feel of the poor working conditions that the workers had to put up with.The way Pottery was manufactured showing all the skills is explained in full.We have taken friends there from all over the world they have all enjoyed the visit.

Stone, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

As I once used to work here I love to go back with my family and show them around. The last time I visited was really an emotional one for me as I took both my parents that were elderly and had worked all their life in the pottery industry. My Father passed away not long after and my Mother now has dementia but to spend that day in Gladstone watching them reminisce and the joy on their faces I will never forget. We've been to Halloween nights and Christmas days and always enjoy visiting this real educational museum and it's a place that should keep going forever in my opinion so that the younger children growing up can see what our Stoke on Trent heritage and roots is all about. Probably one of the best museums in Stoke on Trent if you ask me!

Visited December 2011