“Best Balti House in Stoke.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stoke on Trent
“Best Balti House in Stoke.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Jaflong is a well established balti house next door to the Coachmakers Arms Pub in Hanley, which unfortunately means that its future is under threat by the city centre EAST/WEST development. I'd recommend people to make the most of this excellent venue before its too late.

The decor is dated but the food, which is what matters, is excellent and great value for money. Even cheaper if you avail yourself of the take away option. Which I am happy to do even though I live 3 miles away and pass by many other eateries to get to it.

Service is always friendly and prompt, and the atmosphere is relaxed. This is my venue of choice when I fancy a balti.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“best Indian meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My hubby and I plus friends have visited the jaflong for many years now. We have take aways and go to sit in. I can honestly say we have never had a bad meal it has always been top quality. We have had to wait sometimes when they have been busy, however you are waiting for food that is cooked to perfection with taste and quality.
The staff are attentive and can't do enough for you, but they don't keep mithering you.
Bonus is you always recieive free popadoms!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stoke on Trent
“My favourite Balti in the Potteries.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012