“welcome break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Verdon Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanley
Verdon Guest House
You added Verdon Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   44 Charles Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3JY, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hanley B&B and Inns
holland
“welcome break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

a wonderful friendly and helpful staff
clean and tidy accomodation
full english breakfast
lady helped us with information on boat sailing times from liverpool to the isle of man
thanks for everything

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I was looking for a cheap guest house in a central location so I could attend my stepdad's funarel. I found the verdon on the internet and I priced it up for a double room for myself and my husband and a single room for my 16yr old son. £72.00, I thought I could'nt go wronge for that. I had'nt read any reviews on this so I was going in blind as you minte say. I'm now glad that I did'nt read any as I proberbly would'nt have chose it , but I'm glad I did. How nice enid the owner was , offered us a cuppa when we got there, she was very simperthetic about my stepdad. The verdon Guest house must be one of the best I've stayed at in the uk . If you read these reviews I sugest you skip the bad ones as they were just people who could'nt get a booking for the next visit. The beds are so comffy the shower really hot, the breakfast was outstanding , my husband and son are from yorkshire so the don't like traditional staffordshire oatcakes, but I'm from Newcastle u Lyme and I love them , so when I not only got them for my breakfast but I was handed half a dozen to take back to yorkshire with me ,well I was over the moon.
The next time I visit my family I will be sure to book with the best Guest House in staffordshire (THE VERDON).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I arrived feeling cold & tired with 2 special needs children & was soon into a great room, it was large, clean & welcoming.Guessing we would probably be cold Edie had put the fire on in our room so it was lovely & warm to. There was a tray of tea, coffee & sugar & a jug of fresh milk, even so Edie went to the kitchen & made me a lovely cuppa. We also had a 32inch tv & a dvd player, we had a huge selection of dvd's to borrow.
The beds were like bouncy castles & very clean & warm. We also had an en suite shower & toilet or the option of the bigger bathroom down the corridor.
There was also a fridge in the room & plates & cutlery in case we wanted to order in from one the menu's provided.

Breakfast the next morning was fantastic, fresh fruit salad, fresh fruit juice, yoghurt's, homemade marmalade & cereals, a full cooked breakfast, there was also a full cooked breakfast for the vegetarians.
Thanks to Sue for organising a taxi for me & getting me a fixed price to my destination & making sure the driver didnt spoil the surprise for my sons.
We loved it here so much we extended our stay & would have stayed longer if we didnt have to get back for something.
I will 100% be staying again, my youngest even got birthday cards from the staff, he was over the moon.
If you want value for money, home from home, true hospitality, then stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
scotland uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

good value for money, staff very friendly and helpfull, breakfast excellent, we have stayed here a few times and every room that we have had on our visits has been clean and tidy and cosy, had a great sleep after our long journey32 in flat screen in room, modern bathrooms,compared to some that we have stayed in surrounding areas.room was warm and welcoming, having been before will certainly be again next year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Penzance
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

If you want to know what this place is like, stay there because the reviews are so conflicting. Just like the website (must be of somewhere else). That is if you can put up with dirty decor, dirty room, dirty facilities, a room like a prison cell, people hanging around, no sleep due to the noise of rowdy young revellers, worrying about your car parked outside etc etc. I was just glad to get the hell out of there. All I can say is the reviews recommending this place is either from 'friends' of this so called guest house, or people who dont mind 'roughing' it. I have stayed at probably 50 or more different guest houses/bed and breakfasts in my time, and this is bottom of the list. If you are like me, and look for a feeling of security in a decent, clean guest house, then avoid Verdon House

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

After staying at the Verdon guest house we couldn`t get over how well we were treated, The rooms were spotless with lovely fresh sheets as for breakfast we both really went away with a smile on our faces and with a full stomach, i want to thank all the staff for being helpful and Edie you keep a lovely guest house and anytime we are over we will be calling again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Dont know where on earth these positive reviews have come from. Having stayed in cheapish hotels all over the country for years, paying £38 a night for a single room, non en-suite with no breakfast, I would expect something special. Instead I get a down stairs room next to the 'reception'/kitchen which always seemed to have people in there gabbling at stupid hours in the morning (noisy as hell!), a window that wouldnt shut next to a busy car park and main road, dirty room with lots of irrelevant junk in it, noisy fridge full of mould. Returned at night to find no power or lights in room! Noisy, irritating cleaners. Shockingly overpriced for the facilities especially for somewhere like Stoke! Colleagues had similar or worse stays than mine.
Forget it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Verdon Guest House? Share your experiences!