“The hotel is nice” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Little Scotia Guest House to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Little Scotia Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5 Rustenburg Ave, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Rondebosch B&B and Inns
durban
“The hotel is nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

The staff are kind and helpful.
The services are well.
The hotel is well organised.
The hotel is well equipped.
The location is good.
The hotel is nice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
SanDiego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

My stay at your location was split up into 3 different stays. I traveled there by myself but after working and living in Cape Town for 3 months I developed friendships with people. Being that we all are from different places in the world I had someone stay with me and I was shocked that I received a phone call into my room asking me if I had someone in my room. It was not stated in nice connotation but more of accusing fashion. I was very disappointed, and I know for a fact that I have sent at least two people to your establishment. Having stayed there I thought that it could have been handled in a more professional manner.

Secondly, the third time I stayed was I believe in room number 16, it was a beautiful room however when the staff come in early in the morning and start working in the back room that is right next to where I was staying it was very loud and difficult to sleep; again rude.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Pretoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

On arrival my room and bathroom was tidy but really not clean. It even smelled bad. The bath was obviously not even cleaned after previous guest. The breakfast served as a buffet was coverded in flies, there was no netting provided. The toaster, coffee machine, the whole diningroom was grimy and dirty. After a complaint I was informed that they had problems with cleaners. I still paid R550 per night for a dirty room and dining, their cleaning problems should have nothing to do with guests. The owner himself was terribly rude to me when I parked on his lawn because no park was allocated to my vehicle. Parking is a big problem for the guest house. My stay there was horrible to say the least. I will never ever use them again. I felt done in. Karen

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Stellenbosch
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Little Scotia is situated very close to UCT and within walking distance of the Baxter theatre, a nice restaurant or two and that is the reason why I chose to make a booking there. The personnel was not overly friendly and did not go out of their way to make one feel welcome. My first impression as I entered the room was positive, until I discovered that a previous occupant's hair was still on the bedlinen! The loose carpets in the room was positively dirty as well as the floor and headboard of the double bed. It was filthy. I had to call the staff and show them how unclean the room was. The next morning the cleaner rectified the situation. The towels provided was not clean-smelling and was almost threadbare of over-use. The worst, however, was the breakfast. When arriving in the dining room, the flies were sitting on everything: the yogurt, cheese, cold meat, hard-boiled eggs...I had to call a member of staff and suggested that they cover the food with a net. It was downright scandalous to pay R550 per night for B&B for such poor quality. I complained to the desk staff, but still had to pay the full amount, regardless of the fact that I left the last morning (I stayed for 8 nights!) without breakfast because of the flies virtually covering the breakfast spread. I will never stay at Little Scotia again and will not recommend it to my worst enemy.
I do not think that the owners should be in the hospitality business at all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Little Scotia Guest House? Share your experiences!