“A little slice of rural heaven...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Piebird Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nipissing
Piebird Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Piebird Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
113 Chapman's Landing Road | Nipissing Village, Nipissing, Ontario P0H 1W0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Nipissing B&B and Inns
Powassan, Canada
“A little slice of rural heaven...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Back a few years ago, after deciding I wanted my friends to see for themselves that eating vegan or vegetarian was not weird, and could be completely delicious and filling,I hosted a dinner at Piebird and Sherry made and served us a delicious meal. As she says, she'd rather show by example than lecture people, and she was right on the money with that one. All of the ladies enjoyed it, even the hard-core meat eaters.

I would say Piebird is perfect - especially if you are forced to live in the city and you like to get back to nature, or you want to show a city person how great rural life can be.

Yan and Sherry are wonderful, unpretentious hosts, and I really admire the way they live. They are the real-deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I began searching the internet for a b&b to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary! We area Vegan, so when we saw Piebird in a google search and loved everything their website said it would be!

So we arrive at Piebird on a very rainy October 19th and the house was so magical. Sherry greeted us with a warm smile, showed us to a cute and charming room. She asked if we wanted tea. On our way down from unpacking their was two teas waiting for us with mint and lemon balm from the garden. Every night we slept like a log, the beds where warm and to comfy. I recommend upgrading your stay and getting the dinners while you are staying here. The food is absolutely amazing and delicious !!!! The love that is put into this food is so beautiful. We loved our tour of the property and visiting with their animal friends who are so full of personality. Roy the rooster and his two ladies are so cute to see. If you love to read or want to listen to great Canadian music Yah and Sherry have a wonderful assortment !!!! Yan, was so kind and it was so nice to chat with him, he always had the biggest smile! Oh, the outdoor sauna is such a treat! Basically if you love everything that their website says and has to offer, your experience at Piebird will exceed your expectations!!!!! I could go on and on, but just book your stay now and you will totally know what I am talking about!!!!! HUGE THANK YOU to Sherry and Yan for such a magical and memorable 1st wedding anniversary !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We found Piebird while doing a random online search and decided to give it a try. It was only the slightest bit pricier than some of our other options but my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer! The old farmhouse is beautiful. Antique furniture and a woodburning stove give an old-world feel, while the friendly and knowledgeable hosts make you feel extremely welcome and comfortable. Our breakfast was refreshingly simple but lovely and the hosts sent us away with a good deal of new Canadian music for us to enjoy on the car ride home. Make sure you say hello to the goats - especially Pepe. ... just maybe don't get too close to him without supervision.

Piebird also holds regular workshops - canning and the like. I haven't been able to attend any but I bet they'd be phenomenal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Piebird Bed and Breakfast – What the world needs now….

We have all seen the ‘suggested links’ on our Facebook page. Some are for shopping, activities, restaurants, and places to go. I never click on any of them so what it was that caught my eye, I honestly don’t know, but when the link for Piebird Bed and Breakfast came up, I clicked on it. At first I was drawn to the photos of the charming century old home, the lovely cottage pictured on the property and the serene setting that serves as the backdrop to this slice of paradise to the North.

As I started reading, I became intrigued about just what this place was all about. I read about the organic vegan fare that is lovingly prepared by Sherry, the knowledge about organic gardening and yurt building that Yan shares, and of course, the goats, of which each has their own sweet personalities that you can’t help but love.

Soon I was forwarding this link to friends and family with the subject title, “We have to go here!” After miraculous coordinating, I am happy to say, I just came back from Piebird Bed and Breakfast, located in Nipissing, Ontario, and it was all I thought it was going to be and more. In total there were 6 girls, ranging in age 10 to 47, going up for the Strawberry Jam making workshop, put on by Sherry.

Arriving at Piebird B&B, you feel ‘it’. ‘It’ may be described as ‘serenity’, ‘calmness’, ‘warmth’, or ‘friendship’. Yan and Sherry ooze all these qualities. The rooms of the home are welcoming and charming. Walking through the gardens, your senses are awakened by the smells of the herbs and the flowers. You can’t help but check out the garden for signs of the veggies at their various stages of growth. And then there are the goats that serve as hours of entertainment on their own.

Sherry prepares you a delicious vegan meal and you find yourself appreciating it more because you know that Yan just picked your food himself. They graciously share their home and love of what they have learned over the years to those who come to know more.
You can’t help but be amazed by their way of life and you find yourself yearning to be more like them.

From my weekend at Piebird, I not only take away some delectable strawberry jam, but I take away a renewed vision of what I had always thought was important; friendship, love, and kindness. The world needs more time at Piebird.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thanks to my sister and FB we found Piebird Bed & Breakfast. The website made me laugh out loud at the photos of their sustainable vegetable/herb gardens, rescued pets, delicious looking vegan meals, picnics & concerts, comical videos made with a 'Goat' cam, courses on healing with herbs, sustainable organic gardening methods, and even Yurt building! I promptly ordered their heirloom vegetable seeds and t-shirts. After attending the 'Healing with Herbs' workshop as well as the 'Sustainable Gardening Workshop', I can truly say that the owners & hosts, Sherry Milford and Jan Roberts are the real deal. They exude a gentle, down to earth demeanour, quick to laugh and make you feel at home. The food was creative,simple, fresh from the garden and delicious. The rooms were cozy with fluffy warm duvets and personal touches. Arrive a stranger and leave feeling connected to something special. We cannot wait to go back for a concert, paddle the canoe, bike the country roads or try out the hand built cedar sauna. Whatever you do you will feel restored, renewed and replenished at Piebird!

Room Tip: The two bedroom cottage is quiet, private, and very comfortably appointed. The wood stove was heart...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband brought our little family here as a surprise for my birthday & our anniversary. Our toddler was with us & was delighted with the space to wander & discover the creatures...esp the goats! We live in town 25 min away & were in the midst of a thick heatwave, yet when we arrived at the Piebird, the air was fresh, breezy & all of our energy came rushing back! Meal was heavenly, btw. Had gorgeous sleep in the little cottage, & a pretty breakfast that Sherri carried over from the main house...she jogged back just as a great thunderstorm showed up & provided a beautiful show for us as we ate even more of PB's delicious food by the picture window. A beautiful way to open our new year of marriage! Had a bit of time to wander the property & explore the main house (full of fresh charm & yummy aromas!) before we had to leave for our next destination. Will be returning again this year.

Room Tip: If you have kids, the cottage is a nice option with a bit more room for them to run around -- the co...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Timmins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This B&B is like no other. So peaceful, natural and brimming with happiness. The owners Sherry & Yan glow with joy, love and from a life of eating so close to the earth. They are professional and cheery and are generous at sharing their love of life and of healthy living. The food is absolutely pure, beautiful and delicious. The atmosphere radiates with positive energy. My favorite part was talking with these passionate owners who made us feel so welcome. A close second was hanging out with the goats, chicken and cat companions. i would totally recommend this place to anyone who longs to get back to their natural roots and who craves a healthy getaway.

Room Tip: The private rate means you get the whole place to yourself at night! We were pleasantly surprised to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Piebird Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!