This hotel is a long way out of Trincomalee and is certainly not a "luxury" hotel although priced as such. It is a plain simple resort that is getting rather old with basic rooms. The furniture is old and worn; rooms are not spotlessly clean, the towels smell and had large holes, the sofa was stained and there were dead insects and a build up of dust in the corners. The room I was given the first night and a large gap between the door and door frame thus it was impossible for the lock to operate. Unfortunately the hotel was full.
The intial sight of the hotel entrance is not enticing and the staff seem very badly organized.
Don't use the safes. They are tiny, lightweight and not attached to anything. It was possible to pick it up with one hand and put it under your arm.
The food was not as good as other hotels at which we stayed and some of the chickek was not cooked properly [Very dangerous}. I even had to hand back the eggs to get them cooked properly
There is a wide expanse of lovely secluded beach and it was good to watch the long laborious task of hauling in fishing nets from well out at sea however there is very little to do in the area.
I would not recommend staying here. They need good management to get the place in order and run it efficiently. It was the worst accommodation we had in Sri Lanka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Island is located north of Trincomalee, off Nilaveli, one of the finest beaches in Sri Lanka. It offers 38 rooms (A/C), including suite rooms all of which have mini bar, internet, satellite TV facilities as further entertainment. Some of its amenities include spa and fitness center for adults, and play area for children, reading corner, and a secure outdoor playground for children. Scuba Diving ,Snorkeling,Fishing, Trolling,Whale Watching, Dolphin Watching,Catamaran Yacht for daily rent out, Romantic Dinners organized by the resort on a yacht or at the Beach (through reservations) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pigeon Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Island Hotel Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Eastern Province