It was just fantastic! It's especially the ambience that we liked so much. It felt like making a time switch of 20-30 years back (but not old or in a bad condition, the resort was built just after the tsunami 5-6 years ago). We stayed 6 nights and had the resort almost completely for ourself (only 10 more guests on average, sometimes there are the guided tour groups) the Pool is clean, the rooms got cleaned sometimes even twice per day. The staff was super friendly! The Beach is basically all yours. They offer several trips (whale watching, snorkeling, diving, ...) they offer a lot of different massages, steambaths, .... You can eat and have a drink whenever you want. We would come back again :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Island is located north of Trincomalee, off Nilaveli, one of the finest beaches in Sri Lanka. It offers 38 rooms (A/C), including suite rooms all of which have mini bar, internet, satellite TV facilities as further entertainment. Some of its amenities include spa and fitness center for adults, and play area for children, reading corner, and a secure outdoor playground for children. Scuba Diving ,Snorkeling,Fishing, Trolling,Whale Watching, Dolphin Watching,Catamaran Yacht for daily rent out, Romantic Dinners organized by the resort on a yacht or at the Beach (through reservations) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Pigeon Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Island Hotel Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Eastern Province