Stayed there for 3 nights and liked their quietude, the exclusion and simply just immerse into a place where people "forget".
Good service, decent meals and clean property are some of the things you can expect there. Don't expect much - the hotel is atypical of the old anglo-Sri Lanka architecture, which in some ways give it charm.
The beach is clean, sand is white - but water murky. The pigeon island snorkeling trip is so so, too rowdy and too many people on a small island. The side facing mainland has a sweeping current so not quite suitable for novice snorkelers.Broken coral chips are also abound and cause difficult in settling down on the beach.
I will not mind staying there again but will think twice taking 8 hours ride to Nilaveli.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Island Hotel Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Hotel
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Trincomalee District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Island is located north of Trincomalee, off Nilaveli, one of the finest beaches in Sri Lanka. It offers 38 rooms (A/C), including suite rooms all of which have mini bar, internet, satellite TV facilities as further entertainment. Some of its amenities include spa and fitness center for adults, and play area for children, reading corner, and a secure outdoor playground for children. Scuba Diving ,Snorkeling,Fishing, Trolling,Whale Watching, Dolphin Watching,Catamaran Yacht for daily rent out, Romantic Dinners organized by the resort on a yacht or at the Beach (through reservations) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Pigeon Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.