“Nothing short of outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagles Nest Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Kentish
Eagles Nest Retreat
You added Eagles Nest Retreat to your Saves list
West Kentish, Sheffield, Tasmania 7306, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 West Kentish B&B and Inns
Denver, CO
“Nothing short of outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed at Eagles Nest II for two nights in February 2014. I can't say enough positive remarks about the property. My partner and I stayed with my parents and had plenty of privacy with two large master bedrooms with attached bathrooms on either end of the home. There were two other lovely bedrooms as well that would easily allow for more than 4 guests at one time. The kitchen was a pleasure to cook in and the views outstanding. One of my favourite things about this property is the view of the stars from the bedrooms. Truly outstanding. We are from Colorado, USA and have not seen stars this amazing other than camping in the Rocky Mountains. We didn't have to backpack in to get this view...we saw it lying down on our comfy beds. 'Des was very accommodating and helpful. It was wonderful to meet him and learn about the property through his eyes. Nothing disappointing to report about this property. Coming from the USA, we have a high level of expectation for luxury and this property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Aus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had one night in Nest 3. A place where you can really, really unwind: hammocks, baths, space and that view! Full kitchen and decent sized refrigerator - you need not go anywhere else once ensconced into your nest.
Lovely attention to detail with breakfast supplies (and maybe a treat) along with the fixtures and fittings of the property.
Private, with a sense of seclusion, although within a cooee of other Nests, and also near Sheffield and Cradle Mountain.
Massage with Rumiko is excellent and we loved our dinner by Nick.
Thank you all very much.

Devonport, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just one night at nest 1, but wow what a beautiful experience in our lives. Thankyou to des for his wonderful welcome and nick for our beautiful dinner. Celebrating our engagement couldn't have been experienced at a more beautiful place. The accomodation, the views, weather, cuisine, outdoor spa, company all perfect. Highly recommend the nest for a memorable occasion. Very special. Thankyou Jill and danny

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at Eagles Nest II and it was fantastic! We were greeted by Des who was very warm and welcoming. The property is the largest of the three Nests and has everything you could want or hope for! The view of Mt Roland is stunning and the dam outside the Nest comes to life with Platypus, Birds, Rabbits, Native Hens and Ducks throughout the day. Hoping to go back some day!

Kim

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Wow what an amazing place! We went for our 20th anniversary and had a wonderful time. The retreat was beautiful, spotlessly clean, amazing views and very romantic. The perfect way to celebrate our anniversary.

Thank you Eagles Nest - fabulous. A must do in Tassie.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My family and I stayed at Eagles Nest II, the rooms were amazing and spacious. One of the highlights was that all the rooms have a different theme and two of them have spa’s. (The African was my favourite.)

This was not my first stay in Eagles Nest, it was about my fifth! I love this place! When I looked around the rooms they were absolutely amazing and clean. When I went into the African room it was just as I remembered it, the spectacular view of the mountain, the luxurious bed, and the great spa and fireplace.
When it was time for dinner we ordered the chef Nick Sallase to come and cook for us. The food was utterly stunning. As we ate dinner we looked out to the sunset and the dam. Perfection!

The next morning we had a outdoor spa which took away all my stress from work. After, we had a look at the waterfall and went along the alpine walk. It was entirely peaceful, relaxing and quiet. We looked around a little more and admired the outside barbecue and the fire pit, we also loved the glass dining table.

It was great because there is a local town five minutes away and a big city thirty minutes away. At the small town we met lots of friendly people and there was some really good cafes. When we got back I went to have a nap.

I really enjoyed my stay and I will definitely be back again... maybe with some friends??? This is a highly beautiful place and to all those viewers come and enjoy what I enjoyed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at Eagles Nest Retreat in December 2013/ January 2014- three nights each in Nests I and III.

Nest III was amazing, cleverly designed and nestled in a private and scenic valley with stunning unimpeded views of Mouint Roland and the surrounding country side. The property was built in 2012 and is in excellent condition with a large fully equipped kitchen, good TV and entertainment system, wonderful log fire and outdoor fire pit, good selection of recent DVD's, three hammocks, indoor spa, and a massive outdoor bath constructed from parts of an old milk vat. There were numerous indoor and outdoor areas from which to sit, eat, relax and enjoy the scenery and peace and quiet.

Nest I promised a lot but was a little bit dated and run down. This isn't to say it was bad, but it didn't have the 'wow' factor that the web images promised. However, it did have indoor and outdoor spa baths, as well as a jacuzzi upstairs, although we didn't use the jacuzzi, preferring to use the outdoor spa. The design of the property provides impressive panoramic views from the upstairs bedroom and living room and the large window in the ceiling allows you to sleep under the stars. Unfortunately, the poor selection of old DVD's and outdated TV/ entertainment system were disappointing, as was the owner's preference for retaining food stuffs from previous occupants in the fridge and cupboards.

We would definitely return to stay in Eagle's Nest III. The only thing that would improve this place is blinds or curtains in the bedroom as, while the views from the main bed are to die for, we did find ourselves wishing for a sleep in. Nest I needs some attention to bring it up to date with other properties in this class.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eagles Nest Retreat? Share your experiences!