“Perfect anniversary !!” 5 of 5 stars

CHATSWORTH BREAK
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Stonedge
“Perfect anniversary !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Thank you to the staff and owners for a perfect stay for our 21st wedding anniversary , what a superb room, we opened the French doors this morning and relaxed on the huge sofa in the glorious morning sunshine whilst enjoying the beautiful view. Food, room and setting ... perfect !!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I am delighted to read that you had the 'Perfect Anniversary' stay with us recently and thoroughly enjoyed your superb room, hotel facilites and The Red Lion Bistro. We are incredibly fortunate that we are situated in such beautiful countryside and rolling hills.The landscapre is truly stunning. I would like to thank you for leaving your wonderful comments and hope to see you again, in the not too distant futre. Perhaps your 22nd Wedding Anniversary?? Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Peak Edge Hotel is in the middle of nowhere but well worth a visit. The Hotel is modern and clean and lives up to its four star rating. The staff are very welcoming and friendly and very professional. we stayed in room 106 overlooking the small lake, lovely view of the fields as well. The room was well equipped and large. As part of the Chatsworth Break there was a bottle of Prosecco on ice waiting for us in the room, very nice welcoming touch after a long journey. Excellent bathroom with large walk in shower and nice toiletries, and very good dressing area. The dinning room is in the bistro next door which is accessible through the hotel so you do not have to go outside. Lovely venue with a blazing log fire and easy chairs where you can enjoy a drink before dinner. I was aware that they were holding a seafood festival and there was a very impressive display cabinet full of lobster and crab - delicious. Unfortunately my husband is not mad on seafood and we had not been told the normal al la carte menu was not available, even though the menu was in the room! One of the waitresses kindly checked with the chef and it was absolutely no problem to cook a very good fillet steak for him. I had a lovely soft crab starter followed by Lobster - superb. We visited Chatsworth the next day, really worth a visit, and returned for drinks and nibbles prior to dinner. Unfortunately dinner was not as good as the previous evening but I will not go into details here as it was dealt with very professionally and beyond our expectations, we could not have asked for this to be dealt with any better than they had and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel/bistro. Ask for Kirstey the waitress to serve you, she is brilliant as is her mum in reception - what a team. if we visit the peak district again we would definitely stay at the Peak Edge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you very much for the time you have taken to write your recent review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay for our very popular Chatsworth Break and enjoyed the modern 4 Star hotel facilities, friendliness and professionalism of all our very talented staff. I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed The Red Lion Bistro on your first nights dining. However, I am so disappointed that this was not the case on the second night. I have looked into why your meal wasn't as the night before, and for that I would truly like to apologise, but I can give you every reassurance that these issues have been addressed in the Kitchen and hope that the full refund and complimentary drinks went a little way, to compensate for this but does not make it right I know. Thank you for mentioning our Mum and Daughter team Caroline on Reception and Kirsty in the Bistro - you're right they do make a great team! If you would like to come back to The Peak Edge Hotel please ask for me and I would be delighted to meet with you both. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Croydon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have just returned home from staying 3 nights at this beautiful countryside boutique hotel.
We opted to have the basic superior room but there was nothing " basic " about it.
It was a huge room,enormous bed with beautiful bed linen & sumptuous towels - big & fluffy.
The view was over the lake. The bathroom was big & the shower very good & the floor was heated.My only criticism would be that the water did make its way towards the toilet after a shower & I personally prefer the option of a hand shower in addition as this is how I wash my hair but this is only my own preference!!!
I do actually agree with an earlier comment that I didn't find there was quite enough light provided by the bedside light if reading in bed.
Quite honestly I think this category of room would impress most people - it was way bigger than almost all the hotel rooms we have stayed at & we do travel quite frequently.
I felt that the deal we got was extremely good value for money.
The hotel is very close to most of the main attractions in the area- Bakewell, Matlock, Buxton & Chatsworth & Haddon Hall etc.
The staff are superb - friendly & well trained. I forgot to reserve the evening meal & rang from my mobile to reserve it. Unfortunately, the times we wanted weren't available so I said I would have a think about it. About an hour later I think it was Caroline on reception who must have found my mobile from our booking form ( I hadn't given it to her when I called) & she said they had a cancellation in the restaurant at the exact time we wanted. Now that it what I call customer service!!!!
I picked up this hotel from Trip Advisor & the reviews mirror our impression of the hotel & I would strongly recommend it.
The owners are in evidence all the time & know exactly what is going on.
Many thanks to you all for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms will be equally as good but maybe not too near reception as very occasionally I cou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to meet you both and your daughter. I am so impressed with your recent review and would like to thank you for the time you have taken. Your compliments are truly flattering and very pleasing. I am delighted you enjoyed all the aspects and luxury of the Peak Edge Hotel and your dining experience in The Red Lion Bistro. My staff are dedicated, devoted and I do believe our customer service, how Caroline has shown to you, is truly second to none. I hope to welcome you once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked The Peak Edge Hotel for our wedding due to the wonderful views, reputation for good food, and the welcome and hospitality that we received from the wedding team when first looking round.

Our wedding took place over Bank Holiday weekend in August. We had a fabulous day - a big thank you to Sam for her help in planning and running the day, and to the front of house team. Our guests have commented on the excellent food and service so I would recommend the hotel to anyone thinking of booking for a special occasion.

For those thinking of choosing this hotel for a break; the hotel is well situated for the attractions of the Peak District and for the town of Chesterfield which has many facilities. On checking in the service was excellent. The rooms are well proportioned, with a high-end modern finish. The hotel grounds and outlook are beautiful. The bistro serves very nice food (we have eaten here several times aside from the wedding) and has a lovely rustic feel, and the breakfast served there was exceptional in both choice and service.

There was a problem with the water on the day of our wedding which was quite a stress for the wedding party. We do understand that this was beyond the control of the hotel. The steps that they took to make sure that our wedding could go ahead were really appreciated - organising another hotel for us to shower at and bringing in emergency toilets for example. I cannot say that the whole situation was pleasant on our wedding day...but I wanted to share this as a positive on this review as it does show how much the staff care. Most of the customer service that we received was of the highest standard. I have been in touch with the hotel regarding a this since, and again the response that I have received is to be commended (thank you) - showing a management team that really cares about pleasing the customer and making improvements.

Overall a great experience with The Peak Edge. I would recommend to anyone who wants to visit the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for your amazing review. I was so delighted to read all your fantastic feedback on your very special Wedding Day. Again, we sincerely apologise for the water issues we unexpectedly encountered on the morning of your wedding, but so pleased our alternative arrangements for you was acceptable. I am so fortunate to have a team of passionate and devoted staff that work consistently to high standards to ensure guests are looked after and cared for always. I would like to wish you health, happiness and everlasting love on your future together. We hope to welcome you once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband had booked the hotel the same week we stayed, and having checked Trip advisor I knew we had made a good choice. Beautiful peaceful setting, modern clean boutique hotel. Lovely large well lit rooms stunning bathrooms with everything we needed. I have the same issue with every hotel I stay in I do wish it was possible to have fresh milk and better tea and coffee facilities but there was plenty of the norm available and biscuits. The staff were fabulous we were shown to our room and how to adjust the heating etc. we had booked for the restaurant upon arrival and I have to say that the Service was impeccable and without question some of the best I have ever witness, prompt polite efficient and nothing was too much trouble, brilliant and made a fantastic change. The food on offer was a great range and something for all tastes. My husband had the fillet steak on the bone, he had not asked for a steak nice and did not need one, the steak was cooked to perfection and was just as my steak fanatic husband wished. I had the local Chatsworth haddock in batter, beautiful the fish tasty and the batter lovely and light. My husband chose the acorn brûlée for dessert and we both tried it yummy perfect in fact. I had the sticky toffee pud a favourite and it was too fantastic. Breakfast was also served beautifully plenty on offer and although not on the menu I waked for pooched eggs on toast and my request filled. My only niggle was the coffee, at a guess it was instant and bland - I am happy to admit I like my coffee freshly made and strong. Over all we will definately stay again if we return to the area and cannot compliment the staff highly enough absolutely the best service I have had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had the most enjoyable. It makes me incredibly proud when I receive such an amazing review. I have an amazing and dedicated team, who work so hard in every area, to ensure each guest is made to feel special, welcomed and looked after to the highest level. Thank you once again for your very kind comments, and I hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Great Yarmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We received a warm welcome upon our arrival, our immediate thought was how lovely the Reception area was and hoping that the room was equally as lovely - it was - in fact was exceptional. Sleep really well in the comfy be. We didn't have dinner but breakfast was lovely, the dinning area was as lovely as the rest of the hotel. All the staff were really polite and helpful - just wished that we could spend longer there but was just passing through. Well done Peak Edge Hotel it is nice to stay somewhere so lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am so happy to read that you have a comfortable and relaxing stay with us at The Peak Edge Hotel. I would be delighted to welcome you once again when you are next passing through or planning for a longer stay. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the first time I have written a review on tripadvisor but this hotel was probably the best hotel i've ever stayed at and we only stayed for a couple of nights. I picked this hotel as a little gettaway for my fiance's 30th birthday and right from the beginning the hotel staff were incredible at helping me plan the stay and keeping it secret from my fiance. We corresponded mostly by email but each email was responded to very quickly and very politely so I was pleased before we even got there. When we arrived the lady on reception knew who we were and said she was glad she managed to meet us and wished my fiance a happy birthday. When we got to our room there was also a card for my fiance which I thought was a lovely touch and handwritten, not just an unpersonalised one like most companies send. Our room (which was the Feature Room) was amazing, it totally met the expectations if not more than the pictures on the website and I was automatically taking photos of the view from our window and getting excited about the rather large bathtub in the bathroom. Everywhere in the hotel was clean and tidy, nothing was out of place and very well decorated. It seemed like nothing was impossible for the hotel staff to meet our needs and to say they had two weddings on were still very dedicated to our stay even if they were busy. Breakfast which was included in our stay was brillant - so much choice and very delicious and Iliked the little details such as the fact they wrapped our toast up in a napkin to keep it warm. The hotel also hired me a couple of bikes for the Saturday in advance and I had requested a smaller bike for myself and a mountain bike for my fiance and they sorted out helmets for us too and brought them out back for us with no hassle. We rode to Chatsworth House and back and were thoroughly exhausted but exhilirated when we got back to the hotel! We were unfortunately late for our reservation in the Bistro but they soon changed the time for us so we could freshen up and have a bath as we were aching a bit. The bath was fantastic and the shower was one of those showers you just didn't want to get out of and so clean and refreshing. Even though we were aching from the bike ride we went down to the Bistro for our meal and the staff were all very attentive and the food was to die for (highly recommend the duck a l'orange and cheeseboard for dessert) and so well presented. There were guests from the wedding at the bar but we all felt just happy to be in atmosphere (not overcrowded or feeling we were in the way) and there was someone playing the piano in the corner which made it all very romantic. After the meal we both collapsed into bed, watched a bit of our 46 inch TV and slept right the way through. My fiance said it was the best night's sleep he had in a long while. We would definitely visit this hotel again and were even saying we might visit for our first year wedding anniversary!

Room Tip: The Feature Room is the way to go!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your amazing review. I am truly delighted that you had such a fantastic and memorable stay for your Fiancés birthday celebrations. The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion, pride ourselves on high levels of customer service, attention to detail, and will always do our utmost to make our guests feel incredibily special. Thank you for your wonderful photographs too that you have very kindly posted. they are all great! It would be wonderful to welcome you once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!