“Great stay - wish it were longer.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
Warwickshire
“Great stay - wish it were longer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed just the one night to visit Chatsworth House, which is very near. The hotel is quite new and the rooms are spacious, well-equipped and very comfortable. The front of house staff were extremely welcoming and friendly and similarly in the adjoining pub we were well looked after and the food was great. Good value and highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted to read that you had a fantstic stay and that you enjoyed the spacious rooms, hotel amenities, comfort of the rooms and The Red Lion Bistro. I am pleased that you chose The Peak Edge Hotel for your visit to Chatsworth House, as we are so close for The House and for the surrounding areas. We do hope to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for higly recommending us. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here as part of a wedding party on the 12th of August. I shared room 203 (twin bed room) with my little brother. FOR THE PUBLIC... This is a fantastic new hotel with 2 great front of house managers who will go out of their way to make your stay very comfortable. The amenities are very modern and functional. The location is excellent giving easy access down some fantastically wild country lanes to the major sites of interest. TO THE MANAGERS... Thanks for making us all feel so welcome. Just a few things to look at. I forgot my toothbrush and there was not one provided in the room. I nearly smashed the shower cubicle door with the shower head by opening it inwards. It really could do with a latch so it only opens outwards, the shower area also needs a threshold as water did come under the door into the bathroom and finally I thought the twin beds were a little too close together. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic and comfortable stay as part of the Wedding Party, location is excellent, and that you was made to feel so very welcome during your celebrations and stay. I would like to thank you for your valuable comments regarding the shower door, twin beds and the shower water. These issues have been discussed with each relevant department. Regarding toothbrushes, we always stock a supply of travel toothbrush packs at Reception. We do hope to welcome you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

A three night break in the Peak district and staying at this hotel. It`s in a nice quiet location but easy to find. Very close to Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall (both worth visiting but very different). Room was a good size, comfortable and spotless. Despite wedding receptions being held there on each of our three nights, there was no noticeable noise at any time. The Red Lion Pub and Bistro (more like a restaurant) next door was excellent. The menu was quite small but the food was innovative and skillfully prepared and presented - well done chefs ! Service was friendly and attentive. The only minor comment would be that it`s quite dark in some areas. The whole place had a really nice atmosphere which I feel came from the attitude of the staff. A lot of hotels could learn from the way this hotel is run. I would definitely recommend staying and eating here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valuable feeback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable 3 night break at The Peak Edge Hotel. Its such a fantastic place to stay to explore such historic housed such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Renishaw Hall, plus the most stunning beauty spots: Monsal Head, Curbar Edge, Bakewell and Derwent Valley to name but a few. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Hotel facilites, Bistro, and our wonderful staff. I hope to welcome you again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous place. Found it by accident and assumed it would be far too expensive for a mini mid-weel break. Stayed two nights with my parents and boyfriend and it was very reasonable despite the whole place being build and decorated to a very high and quality standard. Bedrooms have a lovely dressing area leading to en-suite with walk-in rainfall shower. Foyer and communal areas of hotel have been beautifully finished off - modern boutique but cosy and homely at the same time. Hotel and bistro staff were so lovely that I wanted to give up my full time job and go work there! Adjoining Red Lion pub/bistro has been beautifully decorated/designed. It's cosy, rustic, full of original features with well-stocked bar and an imaginative and scrummy menu. Outside areas are gorgeous and would be lovely on a summer's evening or for a wedding. Staff were clearly setting up fr at least two weddings the week we were there. Ten mins drive from Chatsworth, fifteen/twenty from Matlock. Absolutely faultless. Quite fancy going back for the New Year's Eve Party!

Room Tip: We looked out to the lake which was lovely. Some rooms (more expensive) had Juliet balconies. Love t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for the time you have taken to write your wonderful 'First' review and truly honoured you felt compleld to do so. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with your boyfriend and parents and really value your fabulous feedback and kind comments. We have just launced our New Years Eve Gala Night, and it would be fantastic to welcome you again on such a very special evening. Kindest reagrds Damian Dugdale.
Dronfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having eaten at the Red Lion Pub and Bistro which adjoins the Peak Edge Hotel my husband and I decided this may be a good venue for our daughter's wedding. Throughout the planning process we were supported by wedding planners, duties on the day carried out by Sam who is the most professional, dedicated, friendly and caring person you would wish to meet.
The wedding, which took place Sunday 11th August 2013 was perfect in every detail. The staff are attentive and friendly and we felt our daughter's special day was important to them. The food was beautiful throughout. Thanks Peak Edge for making our whole day perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your absolutely wonderful review. I am truly delighted that you experienced the most perfect day for your Daughters very special Wedding Day and thank you sincerely for your kind comments regarding Sam, our very talented, caring and devoted Wedding Co-Ordinator. Its is our absolute pleasure to work exceptionally hard and care for you and the wedding party. We know that you will have very special, precious and everlasting memories of your time with us and we do hope to welcome you all once again in the very near future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Travelled as a party of two adults and a baby. Rooms are a great size, plenty of space for travel system etc. Loved the seperate dressing area which led to the sizable bathroom, with fantastic facilities. Staff were fantastic and so helpful.
Booked in for dinner at the attached Bistro and whilst they are trying really hard it's not quite there yet, however, all in all good.
Breakfast which was included was really excellent and there was an excellent selection, particularly loved the bubbly on offer.... nice touch!
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to the Peak District. I hope to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted to read your recent review and for the time you have taken to write. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and glad you found your room spacious, especially travelling with a baby, travel cot, baby bags, suitcases etc. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff who are so helpful, friendly and really work hard at making our guests feel very well looked after and cared for. We hope to welcome you again in the future and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for any future recommendations. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I chose The Peak Edge Hotel for a business trip stop over for Derby. As I followed the Sat Nav down some seriously twist country roads I began to regret this choice (found a better route back via Chesterfield). Chatsworth, if you are a tourist, is nearby.

The Hotel itself is kind of middle of nowhere, large car park, 'modern' stone wall facade. I was intrigued as an astronomer by the Telescope in reception, I think this would be a reasonable dark sky location - unfortunately I had cloud cover for my stay. Rooms are what I call 'Business Modern', which is not in itself a criticism, it means comfortable, modern, good TV, good WiFi, decent bathroom (but slightly soulless, a criticism which time may cure).

But here is the thing:- I was dubious about paying £35 for a Bistro meal in the Red Lion, but I am so glad I did. Best meal I have had in 20 years, which is going some. Bloody hell - I want to go back there today, just for the Bistro !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I am delighted that you chose The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion for your recent stop over whilst on business and I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We do offer first class facilites for corporate stays with modern and comfortable facilities. We have recently wond our 4* AA rating and our Bistro which you enjoyed so much and " the best meal in 20 years" has just won its first Rosette. Both of which we are all very proud of. We do hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!