“ultimately wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Casuarina
Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat
You added Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat to your Saves list
768 Casuarina Way, Casuarina, New South Wales 2487, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“ultimately wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Everything here is spot on. It exceeded my expectations. The rooms are wonderful, clean, light, comfortable and spacious. They are beautiful and imaginatively decorated and a true talking point. The resort is set in wonderful grounds and the beach is fantastic. It is the perfect setting. Long walks on the beach in the morning and evening make great bookmarks for the activities.
I loved the activities. I participated in things I had never done before and felt I was able to push my boundaries in a safe environment with instructors who were both knowledgeable and safe. The instructors catered to all levels of ability.
The food was amazing. I did not know healthy food could taste so good. The herbal teas were wonderful. I thought I might get bored with them but they were the best I have ever had. Now I am home I am missing the food even more.
I went on my own and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. The small numbers of guests was one of the reasons I picked Cabarita and it really does make for a relaxing stay.
I learned more about Australia, got to see wallabies and other wildlife and I came home, happy, refreshed and ready for the challenges ahead of me. I could not have asked for more.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. France is the most feminine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brookstar6, General Manager at Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! I believe Cabarita Ocean Retreat is a great place to go on your own! There are not too many places these days where you get to meet people in a safe and fun environment. Of course if your choice is to spend some 'me' time relaxing and getting pampered then we say, "do it".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

After an awful breakup I needed time out to get my diet back on track, kick start my exercise regime and be around positive and nurturing people. Cabarita went above and beyond my expectations! Having visited Golden Door before I knew the benefits of a health retreat but Cabarita was a step above this due to the beautiful hotel style accommodation, the smaller group size and the fact it is located on the beach.
The staff are absolutely FIVE STAR! The care, warmth, friendliness and healthy lifestyle knowledge was exactly what I needed. After suffering from a bad back for the last twelve months that was sorted within one visit at the spa. The 'Mind, body, spirit' session completely renewed my spirit and gave me the strength I needed to take control of my life and feel good about it again.
Starting each morning with a stretch and then walk on the beach to the point was a great way to ease into the day and embrace the beautiful surroundings. I was also able to tick 'paddle boarding' off my bucket list and discovered a new sport.
I stayed in the 'Greece' room which was light, airy and very clean. The gorgeous cleaners were friendly and made sure the room was immaculate each day. I would encourage you to pay for your own room if travelling solo as its best to be able to take time out in the afternoons by yourself to reflect on the day and to sleep. I would not have wanted to share a room.
Food wise I was so pleased to be served meat and a wonderful variety of fish as part of the menu. You certainly did not go hungry at Cabarita and it felt great to eat without guilt. Sam and the other girls in the kitchen happily shared cooking tips and advice.
Cabarita is perfect for solo travellers, and more than half of the guests were there on their own so it didn't feel uncomfortable. You can get involved in as much or as little as you want. I was very active and tried most activities but other guests who were there to relax after illness etc were able to complete sessions such as yoga, pilates and then spa treatments with complete support from sensitive and kind staff members.
I will be back to Cabarita and think this is the type of place to visit annually to allow your mind and body to detox, rest and renew. I felt so positive and blessed after my time at Cabarita and thoroughly recommend it to anyone who will listen. I wish all the best to Brook and the marvellous staff at Cabarita. This place is a slice of healthy heaven!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Great to see your feedback. A trip to Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat is an investment in your future and wellbeing. Glad you enjoyed it!
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just home from a perfect 7 day stay. The location was stunning, the weather perfect, the staff warm and caring and the resort calm and welcoming. It was a great way to get rid of the Xmas and New Year 'food baby' and get motivated for the year ahead. The hike up Mount Warning was an exceptional experience. Thank you Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat, Richard and I will be back soon!

Room Tip: I saw all the rooms, and all are distinctive and lovely. France is more feminine, Chicago more mascu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback! I am confident that we could all benefit from a recharge every now and again. Works for me!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

In November, I was run down having my own business in the gift industry, I was searching for a Health Resort in Australia that was not a boot camp but that was serious regarding health and education. I needed to kick start a new lifestyle, so I googled and came across Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat. I never heard of that place before and from the Trip Advisor's review this place seemed to be amazing ... 5 stars rated. So, I investigated more and it was like a dream, a new health rereat located on the ocean and affordable considering that they cater for intimate number of guests. They have eight beautifully decorated signature suites i.e. Bali, Surf, French, China, etc...) and four Penthouse Suites. Our signature suite was Bali and we loved it, it had wooden floor, white linen, beautiful bathroom with a great shower and deep bath, very comfortable beds (two Queen beds in each room) and every night our beds were turned with our program for the next day.

I took a five nights package with a girlfriend (who also needed to make a lifestyle change) from Sunday November 25th to Friday November 30th, 2012.

From the moment we arrived at the airport we felt that we made a good choice. We were greeted by a gentleman/chauffeur who took us to the resort. When we arrived at the resort, the beautiful Sandra welcomed us at the door. She invited us to join the group who arrived earlier for lunch, because how it works is that each program starts on Sunday and finish the next Sunday morning if you take the full 7 days program (which I highly recommend ... we took the 5 days program which was also excellent but we did not want to leave !).

The facilities are five stars, the staff were friendly and were so helpful. You could sense that they love their jobs. The General Manager, Brook was so knowledgeable and welcoming. On the first night Brook talked to us about the resort and how it started. We even felt better when he told us that he had over twenty-five years experience in the industry and that he was at the Golden Door years ago. So, we knew that we were in good hands !

One of the highlights was the food ! The therapeutic chef and clinical nutritionist, Samantha Gowing and her team were amazing. As part of the package you also get a food seminar. The food was wheat free, dairy free and don't think for a minute that it was boring. I came out from my stay with many recipes. The food was organic and they served meat, chicken, sustainable fish. The breakfast was so healthy and every day they baked for us wheat free bread. If you have special dietary needs don't worry they will cater for you ! They follow the principles of the Paleo diet which I agree personally.

We thought that we could not survive without coffee, alcohol, chocolate for a week (they were classified as contraband items), but you know what ! we did not think about it. The good thing is that signature herbal teas were available all day. We were so busy with our activities. We were a small group of 10 guests and everyday we made different activities. If you don't want to do anything, you are not forced to ! When you arrive at the resort they give you a fitness/health assessment and they work on an individual program and recommendations for you. A typical day would be ...6am, you get a gentle knock on your door with a soft voice to wake you up, then we start with tai chi (in front of the ocean or on the grass), then you do an energic walk on the beach, then your breakfast is served, then you can go for pilates, yoga, gym, biking, aqua aerobic depending on the program of the day and lunch is served at 1pm and after it is a free afternoon and it is time to get pampered in the treatment rooms if you booked for some treatments such as massage, reflexology, facial, acupuncture, etc... I highly recommend Gary for reflexology, he knows what he is doing and believe you me, he unlocks your emotions and heals you and also if Megan is around she gives the best massage (she is small but very strong and always cheerful). Everyone is good and professional, I cannot fault this place. You can also chose to read a book, go for a swim in the ocean or simply relax at the pool.

During the week, we also had a talk from a very experienced naturopath. This resort is full of resources so if you need anything they will find it for you ... they can even get you a psychologist.

Sometimes we had activities after dinner ... for example, one night we were invited to play snare drums or you can decide to do absolutely nothing ... there was no pressure for anyone to participate in activities.

It was a magic experience for both of us and since we are back from this resort we changed our eating habits and lifestyle. It made me realised how unfit I was and I now train with a personal trainer five times a week, I am wheat free and I feel 100% better. I also follow the Paleo diet. This place educated me so much and I am saving my money now to come back in 4 months. When you think what you get for the money that you pay, I consider this experience, as the best health and lifestyle investment.

Thank you to the Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat team ... Brook, Victoria, Sandra, Samantha, Louise and your team in the kitchen, the girls from the housekeeping team, Dan, Sony and all the health therapists !
perfect balance between energizing exercise & sublime relaxation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have visited many Health Retreats but none with both the luxury of beautiful surrounds, accommodation and surf location as Cabarita Health Retreat. Each room faces the ocean and what a delight to fall asleep each night with the sound of the surf quietly humming in the background - even a thunder storm with lighting was quite spectacular. The staff were delightful the practitioners were 1st class and the company was entertaining and fun. The activities were enough to stretch your exercise regime and the food was beautiful/nourishing and very up to date -I learnt a lot about nutrition. My stay was 5 nights but next time I'll stay longer - it went too quick!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just the most fantastic facility and even better service and staff
i just spent 3 days and looking forward to going back and staying longer
Even though the program was full on with everyone staying participating , I felt like I had the individual attention of the staff and trainers every day.
My massage was the best, I've ever had, i feel better, I'm told I look better, I'm thinking clearer and all in in all this is a huge success for me.
Having someone like Mr. Brook Ramage who has such elite experience, organizing and running the programs and a number of activities and seminars is such a coup.
and the food is just superb!

Joe Guidace

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Cabarita is a relatively new health retreat and is perfect for people looking for a combination of fitness/well-being as well as great food, rest and relaxation. I came here 30 weeks pregnant for some time out and what I got was that plus a whole lot more- incredibly experienced staff, a great activity program with heaps of variety, amazing food - and just enough R&R. Staff are fantastic - many hand picked from other retreats, they run a great week. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Cabarita Ocean Health Retreat? Share your experiences!