“Throughly enjoyable meal!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Minneapolis
“Throughly enjoyable meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Swan was recommended to me by the owners of the Drinkstone B&B. It was very easy to find, parking was easily accessible on the street and the service was very good.

The menu is written on blackboards around the walls of the restaurant. As my eyesight isn't the best, I felt a bit awkward staring above the heads of other diners trying to figure out what was written (I wish they had something printed out.) I realize this might be because their menu changes, but it was nicely displayed and you had many choices to choose from.

While they have an extensive wine and beer offerings, I had hoped for more variety for the wines. The glass I had was very nice and a compliment to my meal. I choose a fish entrée with a chile/lime sauce versus the hollandaise, which was great. I appreciated their willingness to change the menu to accommodate their guests preference; so nice to see in a restaurant. I had hoped to have a fresh salad to accompany my meal, but none was offered on the menu. I think that would have been a nice addition to their daily menu.

As others have noted, their prices are above average, but the quality is certainly worth it. I look forward to eating at the Swan again and having another enjoyable meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Popped in here for a meal after being let down by the state of the bull inn Woolpit, we were greeted by smartly dressed staff who were only to happy to find us a table, we then had 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine and 2 of the best tasting 2 course meals we have ever had and all for less than £50. loved this classy restaurant so much we will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited April 2014
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful starter and best chocolate brownie!

Decor very interesting, our waitress had the whole floor on her own with a few big tables but managed to keep her cool, impressed with the whole place

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“best food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I must say that I have eaten here for the last week and every meal has been amazing . I would say one of the best ever meals i've ever had . I would well recommend this pub for all occasions for the food, atmosphere and price . we are off there again today as we know the food will be superb..

• Visited March 2014
Bodrum City, Turkey
“Excellent Restaurante”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have eaten in a lot of pubs and restaurants in this country while i have been visiting here.The swan is definately in my top 10. The menu shows that the chef has really traveled and although its not cheap its certainly much better value than a lot of places.The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and i just love the log fire.Certainly the best place i have visited in Suffolk.I really loved the grilled halloumi cheese, the fantastic lamb burger and my friend ate Nile perch for the first time and loved it.

• Visited March 2014