“Love chez Miton” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Torrance, California
“Love chez Miton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been there several times on the recommendation of a local LeMans artist who displays his paintings there and love the 100% french quaintness of the place, the beautiful bar and the cuisine. When I go to France, living in the US, I don't necessarily for the 5 star Michelin recommended places that are too elaborate sand pricy for me. Miton's is perfect, the epitome of the nice little french place you'd never find if not told about it as it totally out of the way. While there, explore the troglodytes , wine cellars and beautiful Berce forest with its century old oaks.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Breil, France
“What a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We came to this restaurant by recommendation. The food was a delight of fresh local ingredients, prepared with such care and served with local wines. There was a subtle southeast Asian element added by the wife of the owner. It was not expensive and one of the best meals we ate in our 12 day tour across France. The restaurant was full even on a weekday in a tiny village deep in the countryside. If you are anywhere near it is an absolute must

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
la Chartre sur le Loir
“Tasteful, simple, very good value, a careful fusion of regional French and Japanese cooking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I have been eating at Chez Miton since we came to live in the Loir valley almost six years ago. Hand on heart I can honestly say that I have never had a poor, second rate or un-enjoyable dish, let alone a bad meal. We have brought many friends and no one has been disappointed.

Miton is the perfect host and his generations of local wine knowledge means an adventure amongst some little known producers and appellations that you can taste by the glass, jug or bottle. Coteaux du Loir; Jasnieres, the flinty local AOC so beloved by Oz Clarke - he puts in his list of the World's top 20 wines - and probably the most unusual, the Pineau d'Aunis, a peppery red that is perfect with some of Chef Naoko's slightly spicy dishes. This couple are passionate about local produce; Miton with the wines and Naoko with her meat, poultry and produce, so the menu is an often changing seasonal feast.

Naoko used to drive huge lorries in the Paris-Dakar rally and that is where they met, happily for those of us who love within smelling distance of this excellent kitchen. No frills, just great food, elegantly simple décor and atmosphere in this popular village bar/restaurant.

Try the Fillet Mignon with ginger, lemon grass, cumin and coconut milk, or any of the fish dishes; you will not be disappointed - but you will if you do not book in advance, especially Friday evening and weekend!

I HAVE RECENTLY SEEN MUCH COMMENT ABOUT THE LACK OF INDEPENDENT REVIEWS ON THIS SITE; I CATEGORICALLY GUARANTEE THAT I HAVE NO COMMERCIAL CONNECTION OR INTEREST IN THIS OR ANY OTHER ESTABLISHMENT THAT I HAVE REVIEWED OR WILL REVIEW IN THE FUTURE.

• Visited February 2012