“Camping at the Red Lion” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Peterstow
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A Country Pub that serves Freshly cooked Meals using fresh local produce whenever possible. Open log fire and log burner, original wooden flooring in bar area, a great selection of real ales, Childrens play area and games for children - big or small! To play with inside the building or bigger versions to take outside. Friendly Staff and great chefs. Main Menu, Lite bite lunchtime menu and 2 curries changed weekly. Takeaways available upon request. 4 Real Ales and a great selection of Wines. Come and visit, you will not be disappointed. We are also dog friendly in the bar area.
Barry, United Kingdom
“Camping at the Red Lion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have been to this camp site over the last three years when it was owned by "Charlie" It has now under new owners and they are doing an excellent job. This it is a CL site very well drained had no trouble getting on and off. 2012 we went to the Bromyard Gala but could not get on the site and they shut it so we went to the Red Lion. The food at the pub is very very good I had a stake and it was done just as I like it and the fish as was described by one of the waitresses as "Whale and chips" and it was huge also the children's meals were excellent my granddaughters loved it. Will be back soon

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“AMAZING food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

AMAZING food and menu, lovely country pub. Book though as very popular (especially on a Saturday evening!)

London
“Good pub food - large portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We ate here on the recommendation of Steph at Red Rail Farm, where we were staying. We understand the pub is under new management. The food was good pub fare - I had a very good steak and ale pie! But the portions were huge! We were really hungry having been walking all day, so we ordered a starter but then couldn't finish the mains.

Visited May 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“"We will be back"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

With friends, we have not been camping here since we knew it as "Charlies" a couple of years ago. Camping field is always firm even after downpours. New hosts in the pub are making the venue a place to re-visit, good value food, nothing negative to report, a big A+ from us.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Telford
“Warm welcome but needs a little TLC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

A good rating on trip advisor led us to the Red lion and I have to say I think it's a little over rated ... But don't take that as it's poor... I just expected more.

Service was very friendly and my meal was generous and well cooked (sea bass), my partners curry was not as good...But I did feel as though more could be made of the interior ... The feel of the place did not match the service and standard of food.

We would not hesitate going again, but I'd also look for somewhere else first.

Visited May 2014