“Highlight of our trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Treebones Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Treebones Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Highlight of our trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We checked into the Treebones resort for a two night stay. We booked one night at the campsite and the second night in the nest (because the nest was only available for the one night - you need to book it really far in advance). Check in was flawless and surprised by the warm and very helpful staff that even helped to bring us and our luggage to our campsite. That night we enjoyed a delicious sushi dinner and special thanks to Danny for his great advice, good service and solid sense of humor. The next day we stayed at the pool all day enjoying the unique view and sunshine. We moved our stuff into the nest and had our tent setup under the nest as a backup for rainy or foggy weather. The nest is unbelievable unique and has a great view. It also is surrounded by a wooden fence that keeps it very private which is great. That night we unfortunately did experience some foggy weather that caused rain drops to drop into the nest from the tree, and it did get quite wet. We unfortunately had to continue our night in the tent. My only suggestion would be to have tarp available to ensure a dry night inside the nest. Except for that everything was unreal and really made our trip unforgettable. Not to forget the free delicious breakfast and free wifi. Highly recommended and thank the Treebones team for this warm and great stay.

Room Tip: The nest is very unique and a once in a lifetime experience
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Tacoma, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was truly amazing! We stayed here two nights in the Silbey tent which is among the pitch your own tent area but is a tepee like, already standing tent so you don't have to set up your own. To me I think it had the best location as I like to be a it away from the crowds and although other tent areas were around us we had a lot of privacy.

Sibey Site: On a raised platform and stays comfortable at night. Had a beautiful location and view, also had a view of the Nest and it looked so cool as the sun was setting.

Views: Incredible! I spent so much time sitting on our picnic table staring at the beautiful view of the ocean and the stars can be seen so well at night I never wanted it to end.

Lodge: Such a beautiful place, it has the cutest gift shop area with all kinds of things you would need, snacks and supplies. Their bathroom and showers were the nicest I saw on my whole 3 week road trip and were wonderful to use, they had flowers in there and it was always nice and warm :)

Food: They have 2 restaurants, we unfortunately never had time to eat at the main lodge restaurant but definitely had the sushi and it was the best most beautifully made sushi I have ever eaten, it was a bit pricey but something I really did not mind paying extra for. We ate out on the Sunset bar and this was something I had been looking forward to the most and it was amazing, that is the view I wish I could have everyday while I eat! Plus their free morning breakfast has the most delicious hand made granola and yogurt plus huge fluffy make yourself waffles!

Service: Everyone was soo friendly and helpful, the person who greeted me chatted and made sure I knew everything, plus had no problem any time I wanted to change anything or ask any questions. Everyone was very attentive, the people who drove us from our tent to the parking lot always chatted and gave us ideas of things to do in the area, it helped make the experience great.

Pool: Maybe my favorite pool of all time, definitely my favorite pool of the trip it has a view of the ocean, right by the sky bar, and is like swimming in a fairy tale! Its surrounded by huge colorful flowers and butterflies were dancing all over them. It was clean and just perfectly in the sun, a nice size and I just had such a fun and relaxing time.

Honestly this is such an amazing place, the Yurts looked really nice as well but I think for me camping / the silbey tent / the Nest are the main places I will choose to stay and I will most certainly be back!

Green Features: This is another reason I love this hotel so much they did a fantastic job reducing waste and using fresh local organic ingredients for the food. I don't think any place could be better!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just got back from staying at the Nest at Treebones. If you enjoy nature, this is a must! The campsite included a giant nest with a beautiful view of the ocean, and a space at the bottom of the hill where we pitched a tent. There is a fence around the nest to discourage other curious guests from climbing into it. It was an incredibly unique experience. The mattress included in the nest was more comfortable than I had expected and we did not add any padding other than a sleeping bag and sheets. I had been concerned about bugs but did not find this to be a problem in the nest either. The bathrooms are about a 3 minute walk away.

We did not eat at the lodge other then the included breakfast. In many ways, we felt underdressed since we were doing more of a camping experience. We took a stove and cooked at our site. If you wish to go hiking or to the beach, you will need to drive offsite. Sand dollar beach is close by, and if you go at the right time, you do indeed find plenty of sand dollars. However, there is not a lot of hiking at this beach.

Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful Treebones is. It is a very unique place, unlike anything we have ever experienced. I am not a camper. This is "glamping" (glamour camping)! We stayed in Yurt 16. It was away from the other yurts in the yurt village, which was nice for us. The yurt was absolutely beautiful inside: queen size bed, sink, small table with chairs, a futon and a gas "fire place". Outside on our deck we had two Adirondack chairs and it overlooked the Pacific Ocean. Unreal. This is a chilly area of California, so jackets and long pants are needed. The bed was so comfortable that we had the best night sleep in quite a while! Keep in mind, there is no bathroom, but there was a bathroom a short walk away from our yurt. The showers are a bit farther, but a nice walk. There are only three women's showers, but I never had to wait. I showered at night, which was probably helpful. They are very clean and they do supply one towel and one wash cloth per person. If you need more, just ask-we did! There is no wifi, TV or cell service here. Be prepared! Breakfast was eggs, toast, make your own waffles, granola, and yogurt. Delicious! We were not able to try the restaurant for dinner, but heard it was very good. This was a wonderful way to spend our time in Big Sur. A great place for families to get away, I saw kids loving the pool! Keep in mind, there is quite a bit of walking and it is not flat! :-)

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk far, choose a yurt closer to the main lodge.
Green Features: This resort is as green as it can be! They grow all their own food and have a compost.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Where to start!? Treebones is a special place. The location is perfect - on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The staff are friendly without being overbearing and the yurts are a great experience. The weather during our stay was great, which always helps, and we had a great time relaxing on our porch, or chilling in the hot tub and swimming pool drinking an ice-cold beer. I would recommend this place to get away from the hustle and commercialism of much of the Highway 1 experience. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pick one with a sea view!
Green Features: Really impressed with the Eco-friendly vibe - From the organic garden to the water-saving measures.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

While on vacation to Big Sur, we met with two other traveling vacay families here at Treebone. This place was found by another family member thru trip advisor. We only met here for lunch. This place was awesome! There were very few people here in the rearurant. The atmosphere was mellow & relaxed. There is a gift shop of cool Eco friendly items (hippie-like). There are interesting pictures and history of the place. Our waitress was friendly and charming. The food was EXCELLENT! I had the salad but sorry I forgot what kind I had. Being a vegetarian, the choices were good.
I should mention one down fall of this place...the sign to Treebone from the main highway is very small and not easily noticeable.
I'd love to go back & stay a few night in the highly rated Yurts.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in May and it was AMAZING! The yurts, the views the staff, the organic foods. All were wonderful. The make yourself waffles in the morning were easy and delicious. All their food is organic or freshly picked from their garden and you can tell.

Our yurt was very comfortable and relaxing with the best sunset views. Expect hearing seals in the morning and walking uphill to the restrooms and showers. The showers were very clean and water was warm.

I would totally come back here again and again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Treebones Resort? Share your experiences!