My friend and I were taking a road trip up the coast and decided to stay in BIg Sur for a couple of days since we had heard how beautiful it was. SO Glad we did! This place was great! We arrived on a Monday and stayed for 2 nights. We stayed in a Yurt right on the cliffside with amazing oceanside views. The Yurt had a 60-minute timed gas fireplace, a dining table for two, a sink with hot/cold water, a futon, a queen sized bed and minimal lighting that was just enough. I was a little apprehensive about using communal bathrooms, but everytime I showered and used the facilities they were clean and I tended to be the only one in there each time I went. There was live music in their dining room during dinner the first night we were there and the musician was great. Staff friendly and so nice. I remember Monica checking us in and Tara was our server the second night we ate there. Both awesome ladies and a great addition to the staff! (I work in hospitality so I can bit a bit more critical sometimes). There is also a hot tub and pool which I took advantage of one night. They even had a yoga class in the main lodge one morning that my friend and I participated in. It was early, but we were awake so we decided to go. Oh and free breakfast in the mornings! Score! The waffles are yum yum! If you can get in, this place is awesome!
Only downside of the experience:
1. Wicker chairs in the yurt seemed a little outdated and out of place in the rooms.
2. During evening hours you had to be exptremely quiet, as you can hear your neighbors.
3. There was a wind storm on the 2nd night of our stay and the Yurt by the cliffside made so much noise it was impossible to sleep even with earplugs. I noticed the Yurts closer to the main cabin did not seem to have this issue, so just beware.
All in All a great time was had and this place was relaxing! Thanks!
- Also Known As:
- Treebones Hotel
- Treebones Resort Big Sur
- Treebones Hotel Big Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unusual and unique eco-lodge experience with immense and expansive ocean views on Big Sur's remote and rugged south coast. Guests enjoy cozy comforts in fully furnished tent-like yurts or choose a campsite and bring all their own tents/gear to camp. Resort 'feel' in rustic setting. Two popular restaurant venues with cozy, communal atmosphere boast great service, organic, locally sustained cuisine with same great views. Massage services, hiking information, and modern book & sundries store on premises. ... more less