Lucia Lodge cabins might be not 5 starts in terms of hotels standards (expensive bath items, pillow service, room service) but are perfect little romantic cabins with a magnificent view. The rooms are clean, the bed is super comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
- The view is very nice, even from our "partial ocean view cabin" (cabin #1).
- Lucia Lodge is very remote, it's 15-20 minutes past where most Big Sur accommodations are. However I think it is the best location in the area for the view.
- Their restaurant is average in quality and a bit pricey (for what you have) but there are no other options nearby. I would not recommend agings it; it is simply not that great.
- The room itself is not that rustic. It's pretty cute in fact. The bathroom however is quite rustic and could get a little update. The sealant around the sink is broken and the shower curtain the 2$ kind that stick to your legs.
- I recommend this place Lucia Lodge.
- Also Known As:
- Lucia Hotel Big Sur
- Lucia Resort Big Sur