Ripplewood Resort Restaurant is a great place to have a simple, excellently executed breakfast after a beautiful drive down Highway 1. We've been here several times and have thoroughly enjoyed every visit.
What was great:
- The food was straightforward, fresh, and perfectly cooked. I had the sausage, eggs, and potatoes and my husband had chorizo and eggs. The portions were generous and both meals came with fruit; the coffee never ran dry, and the homemade muffin was very tasty.
- Poached eggs are perfectly cooked every time. Whites all the way cooked, yolks nice and runny.
- The Ripplewood Potato Gratin is quite tasty.
- The outdoor eating area/garden is quite pleasant. There are lots of flowers and trees and other plants. We got some ideas for our own backyard from here.
- Service was spot on. Our waiter was attentive, friendly, and prompt.
- Definitely try The Pepper Plant hot sauce they have available. Great flavor.
- Great value (for Big Sur). Our whole meal, including drinks and a generous tip was $34.
The one and only disappointment was that they didn't have eggs benedict this time around. We had it during a previous visit and it was delicious! Hope they have it next time!!
Bottom line: This is one of our favorite breakfast spots when we stay in the Monterey area. The drive down Highway 1 to Big Sur is beautiful (and fun if you have a sporty car, a clear road, and a capable driver), and the food is delicious. I will certainly recommend this place to others.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.