“Breakfast is great here” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #9 of 20 restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: The restaurant for Ripplewood Resort in Big Sur.
Huntington Beach, California
“Breakfast is great here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place is usually crowded. Only open for breakfast and lunch. Food is good and locally fresh veggies add to the flavor. Staff is friendly and efficient, keep in mind that they are very busy so if your in a hurry this might not be for you. Been coming here for years, this is our spot for breakfast in Big Sur. We only wish it opened earlier than 8am. (we are early risers)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Irvine, California, United States
“HORRIBLE customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to drive up highway 1. One of our stops was in big sur so I looked up this cabin on trip advisor and yelp and decided to make a reservation. They took all of my credit card information and confirmed the transaction. I asked them to email me a receipt which they weren't able to do. So I called them back and made sure that my email in their system was correct, which it was. We finally left our trip and after hours of driving reached the destination. The lady told me that our reservation was canceled and that our room was given to another tenant. I was very dissapointed because they actually charged me a cancellation fee on top of canceling the reservation without my knowledge. We were pretty much left stranded to find our own place. I have never given a place a bad review but their customer service was appalling.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a lunch there on our recent visit to the Big Sur area.
Reviews I've read, and a cabin neighbour said the Ripplewood Resort Restaurant was good, and they weren't wrong.
Good choice, good prices, helpful staff, made it a nice meal.
Unfortunately, it only opens from 08:00 - 14:00 if I remember, so Breakfasts and Lunches only.

Visited October 2012
woodland hills, ca.
“good breakfast & lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We came for breakfast shared an omelet, & blueberry pancakes Yum! We also got the ham & fontina cheese sandwich to go,for lunch another day, that was very good. We thought service & quality of food was very good.

Visited September 2012
Fairfield, California
“Simple menu, excellent execution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ripplewood Resort Restaurant is a great place to have a simple, excellently executed breakfast after a beautiful drive down Highway 1. We've been here several times and have thoroughly enjoyed every visit.

What was great:
- The food was straightforward, fresh, and perfectly cooked. I had the sausage, eggs, and potatoes and my husband had chorizo and eggs. The portions were generous and both meals came with fruit; the coffee never ran dry, and the homemade muffin was very tasty.
- Poached eggs are perfectly cooked every time. Whites all the way cooked, yolks nice and runny.
- The Ripplewood Potato Gratin is quite tasty.
- The outdoor eating area/garden is quite pleasant. There are lots of flowers and trees and other plants. We got some ideas for our own backyard from here.
- Service was spot on. Our waiter was attentive, friendly, and prompt.
- Definitely try The Pepper Plant hot sauce they have available. Great flavor.
- Great value (for Big Sur). Our whole meal, including drinks and a generous tip was $34.

The one and only disappointment was that they didn't have eggs benedict this time around. We had it during a previous visit and it was delicious! Hope they have it next time!!

Bottom line: This is one of our favorite breakfast spots when we stay in the Monterey area. The drive down Highway 1 to Big Sur is beautiful (and fun if you have a sporty car, a clear road, and a capable driver), and the food is delicious. I will certainly recommend this place to others.

• Visited May 2012