“Wonderful Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Sur Campground & Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Sur
Big Sur Campground & Cabins
You added Big Sur Campground & Cabins to your Saves list
Route 1, Big Sur, CA   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

I recently stayed here with my husband for a mini mid summer vacation. Although I was not sure what to expect I was pleasantly surprised. Being new to camping we opted to "start slow" and stay in one of the small cabins on the property. I could not believe how nice it was! The bed was very comfortable, the room was spotlessly clean and the big picture window even had a set in bench for looking out on the camp. They even thought to include two plastic patio chairs with the cabins. Although the tent camping sites were much more sparse (as they are supposed to be) each one was clean and had the requisite fire pit and picnic table (as do the cabins). The grounds on the whole are very clean and I saw a truck come to empty the large trash bins on several occasions. In addition, the staff is wonderful! They were polite, courteous, and most importantly, helpful. To address the crowd issue, yes, this campground is crowded. There are lots of people coming and going, but we never felt too crowded or had any problem with excessive noise. The most prevalent sound is children laughing and having fun, never a bad sound! And by 8ish, the noise is barely audible. All in all, I would highly recommend this campsite. It is good for about anyone who wants a clean, safe place to stay. One recommendation, there are VERY few amenities here. Bring your own firewood and all your food from home or you will be paying WAY too much!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mission Viejo, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

My husband and I camped there on Memorial weekend, 2004, and were very disappointed with the camp spot. Neighboring campers were practically sitting in our laps, along with their dogs and children. It's definitely not the place to go if you want a peaceful experience under the stars. There was absolutely no privacy. We were able to switch to a different camp spot in a “nook,” but even from this better spot, I could see at least 20 other tents--it was a village of tents and campfires. Quiet time was at 10 pm sharp, so don't make a peep, not even a whisper, after that because you'll be told to hush by park management. I wouldn't visit this crowded, squishy location again, especially on a holiday weekend. If you must, choose an end camp spot, or one on the river on the northern end (not southern end, that’s where our first spot was), but be ready to hear lots of kids playing and splashing in the water all day.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2004

The cabins are fabulous. The trees reach up to the sky, and the stars are like glitter at night. A perfect way to get away from it all. Next store is a general store, restaurant, gasoline, and anything else you need. Very refreshing.

Been to Big Sur Campground & Cabins? Share your experiences!