This review is for the campground, not for the cabins. And, anything negative I have to say has nothing to do with the campground, which is lovely and clean, or the staff who were helpful, sweet and fun to chat with.
* Great, central location near everything you could want to do and see
* Really fun experience of floating down the river in the inner tubes they have for rent
* Great, little store on site
* Playground for the kids
* Walking distance on quiet trail to shops and restaurant at Big Sur River Inn
* Campsites are packed very close together, which means dealing with....
* Other campers who like to blare their music
* Other campers who don't respect quiet hours
* Other campers who don't make their kids observe quiet hours
* Other campers who get into yelling fights about quiet hours
* Other campers who leave their trash everywhere
* Other campers who leave a gnarly mess in the showers
I would love to stay here again, but I will definitely bring ear plugs for all of my family members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located among majestic Coastal Redwood trees along the pristine Big Sur River, Big Sur Campground and Cabins offers camping and lodging with the emphasis on Family. Enjoy tent and RV camping on the forest floor as you watch the kids inner tube by in the cool water. Or pamper your family in one of several styles of cabins, from rustic tent cabins to fully equipped cabins with kitchens and fireplaces. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Sur Campground And Cabins
- Big Sur Campground & Cabins Hotel Big Sur
- Cabins Hotel Big Sur