“Very good for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Very good for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

a few dishes excellent; chicken entree a touch dry but good. a bit pricey but understandable for the location. If it were in a city it would get 3 stars.

Visited August 2012

Southern Cal
“Good sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Sushi and sushi bar experience is excellent! "Continental" breakfast served to resort guests was very good. Pasta at dinner was not great. Have sushi instead!

Visited July 2012
New York, NY
“Great home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We loved the large portions and cozy yet healthy comfort food. My boyfriend and I ordered individual appetizers and shared a large entree and a dessert. Heavenly. It was a little pricey.

Visited January 2012
Chicago
“Amazing food, unique flavors, locally grown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at Treebones and had stayed there a while back. There have been many improvements to the food. We loved it so much the first night that we decided to eat there again our second night. Our first night, we started with a Caprese salad and crab cakes. Both items were wonderful. The salad included a variety of tomatoes that were beautiful and tasty. The crab cakes were filled with tons of fresh crab meat and very little filler. The sauce was a perfect accompaniment to the cakes. I had the pasta primavera for my entree that included mushrooms and baby artichokes in a slightly creamy pesto sauce - amazing. My boyfriend had the salmon with quinoa. I had a taste, and it was perfectly cooked. The quinoa was nicely seasoned, and I am not the biggest fan of quinoa. The dessert was out of this world! There is a woman who lives nearby and makes the desserts in her home. We decided on the white chocolate mousse cheesecake - it was so delicious we ordered it again the second night! The second night we split a flatbread pizza that was topped with an interesting combination of figs, bacon, goat cheese, and arugula. I was curious, and it was a wonderful combination of sweet and savory. My boyfriend also had a bowl of mulligatawny soup that he enjoyed. He ordered the chicken dish that was again cooked perfectly. I would go into more detail about that, but I can't even remember after having my entree. I had never ordered ribs in my life because I hate barbeque sauce. These ribs had a soy honey glaze, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try ribs - best move I have ever made! I am going to try to recreate them. The chef was more than happy to come out and describe the preparation. The only disappointment was that we didn't get a chance to go to the sushi restaurant that is on the property. It is also supposed to be amazing. I guess that is just another reason to return! I can't say enough good things about this place. If you are in Big Sur, you must go. It is a little difficult to spot, but it is just north of Gorda, where the Whale Watcher cafe is located.

Visited June 2012
Beachmuse63
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed here so ate breakfast and dinner here. The food is fresh and veggies from their garden is very appealing to me. The wine list very nice also. The bread was so yummy and they kept it coming. Loved the service too!

Visited May 2012