“Rude” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Activities: Horseback riding
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Scenic horseback tours through Andrew Molera State Park that take riders over the river and through the redwoods.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

After emailing the address on their website I receive a very rude email asking me to call the number. I politely explained that I was not in the country and due to time difference and call costs I would like to book in advance via email. Another rude email informing me they would have to check and then I never heard from them again. After this interaction and the ability to be so rude towards an inquiry I surprisingly didn't feel like chasing the booking!

Visited October 2012

San Diego, California
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I grew up with horses and recently got my husband interested. We have gone a couple of times in San Diego so this was an easy pick as an activity during our honeymoon. We were part of a small group ranging in experience from experienced to never ridden. The price was inexpensive, the guides were great, and the trail was beautiful. We did the one hour tour, which was just enough to ride through the meadow, Redwood Trees and onto the beach!

Los Angeles, California
17 attraction reviews
“Andrew Molera State Park - hiking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'm not finding this in Trip Advisor so I'll piggyback on the Horseback Tours there. This is a State Park in Big Sur with the most diverse and beautiful hike I've even done in CA. It's an 8 mile loop that takes you through a small meadow to the beach then up onto the bluff. You walk the bluff for what seems like a few miles. Take it all in - stop and look around as you go. You can peak over the edge to see white uninhabited beaches and sea otters floating by the kelp. The view changes as you gain elevation. Keep your eyes peeled for a little archway in what appears to be the shrubbery you've seen all along the way. It's after the Spring Trailhead and on your left. Once through the archway it's like the lost forest. These are very tall trees that form only a canopy high above. You can't really tell from the outside but the valley is deep. The trail is not well maintained but easy enough to follow. The climate changes in there to cool and still. I have to admit I was a bit nervous having stumbled in there but what a neat adventure. Once out the climb gets steep and hot. This is the third climate change on the hike. Save enough water for this section. It's on the edge of the Park. Look over to see the luckiest real estate owners in CA. After reaching the top you'll gradually descend the back way and into yet another terrain of open scattered trees and Sequoias. Finish it off with a soak for your toes in the little river by the parking lot. You earned it!

Visited August 2012
“Exceeded my expectations....!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

During our vacation I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a horseback riding trip., since she had never ridden a horse but has always wanted too. Booked the reservation not knowing what to expect., but our experience was truly amazing....! The SMILE on my girlfriends face when we arrived at the beach was unforgetable..! The staff our guide the weather was absolutly amazing..! And of course our horses Gigi and Snickers too..! Cant wait for our next trip... Would highly recommend this place...!!

Tucson, Arizona
“Rude, rude and rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The staff is very rude. One young lady in particular was very impatient and rude with the riders. At one point she yelled at one of us for not stopping the horse on time. Do not go here. It will ruin your idea of what a horseback ride on a beautiful beach should be like.

Visited August 2011